Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
LOL

Good one. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gunnar said:

It is not that I didn't like Memento, it is that I never saw Memento!

I guess that I should though. It seems like a lot of people thought that it was a good one.

Worst movie : Driven!!!!! Now that was one huge budget P.O.S.!!!

Go rent Memento. Awesome movie.

My co-workers and I joked that we should rent Driven and have a drinking contest during it...like for every cheesy line, one shot; for every time they show Long Beach when they claim they're in Detroit, two shots...unfortunately I think everyone will have passed out drunk after the first half-hour.

Kimberly

·
Registered
4 Posts
woodrufj said:

Movies that only I seem to think suck

Dumb and Dumber
And I thought I was the only person that thought that movie sucked.

I would have to agree with many of the movies already mentioned. I am surprised no one mentioned Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

·
Registered
132 Posts
HAHAHA how true...

"your going the wrong way!!!"
"what!"
"YOUR GOING THE WRONG WAY!"
"How do they know which way were suppose to be going?"

or how about Last Man Standing!!! not the funniest, but still damn good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all.... long time no see/speak. I just had to point out that no one even mentioned Monty Python! How can that be?

Also, I have to agree with Darryl that Akira is the best anime out there.... excellent film.

And in case you haven't seen them, check out Death to Smoochy (Robin Williams and Ed Norton) - outrageously funny and also rent The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys. TDLAB has great animation spattered throughout and is a really touching movie. Anyone who attended Catholic Schools should definitely check it out.... Jodie Foster as a one-legged nun - need I say more?

Also, in the touching film category, I'm surprised to have not seen On the Wings of Desire.... c'mon.

Funny - how about Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. And more recenetly, State and Main?

Yikes, I could get really carried away here.... catch you all at the next event.

Have a nice holiday.... see you in 2003!

TJ
Class: ???, Car: ??? Points Card #: 399

:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
tjevans10 said:
Hey all.... long time no see/speak. I just had to point out that no one even mentioned Monty Python! How can that be?
They're too young. :D :D :D

Best of Show was just plain weird. Funny, but weird. Sorta like Spinal Tap. :D

Funniest movie I've ever seen was situational. It was dollar night at a local movie house, and they were showing "Sheena." One of the stupider (more stupid?) movies ever, but with a college crowd laughing at every stupid moment, I have never laughed so much or so hard at a movie. My abdomen was sore from laughing for days after.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Trys_Hard said:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

I thought I was going to die when the Suicide Rescue squad showed up and killed themselves.

Art
I think that is from "The Life of Brian" ("Always look on the bright side of life...sorry, can't figure out how to spell the whistle....")

·
Registered
146 Posts
Davard said:

I think that is from "The Life of Brian" ("Always look on the bright side of life...sorry, can't figure out how to spell the whistle....")
Your right, the other scene that just killed me was the morning after when Brian opened the shutters naked and the whole town was there.

Art

21 - 33 of 33 Posts