The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just finally got my Exige here yesterday and we can't quite seem to figure out if you can open the front hood. Anyone know if you can do that and how? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The clam itself does not "open", there are 2 access panels just below the windshield on both sides, which has things like fuses and brake resevoir behind em, is that what you mean?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
are you serious? search for the service manual thread. well worth the $25.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
no front storage compartment

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was a lot of replies fast. I know the engine is in the back, and the funny thing the damn dealership gave me a damn Elise manual with an Exige... and delivered the car to me with little gas and a dead battery. They are on my **** list right now. But I thought I saw a picture of the front open with another little trunk area like in the back. I guess not, it's cool though. haha

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
THIS is a rare event... ( One of my non-sarcastic remarks ! )..rotfl But you can check brake fluid level with a 4mm allen wrench.....left side front access panel....

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
That was a lot of replies fast. I know the engine is in the back, and the funny thing the damn dealership gave me a damn Elise manual with an Exige... and delivered the car to me with little gas and a dead battery. They are on my **** list right now. But I thought I saw a picture of the front open with another little trunk area like in the back. I guess not, it's cool though. haha
Don't be worried about getting an Elise manual with your 07 Exige. So did I, bought it brand new. They are 95% the same car, maybe more. Lotus simply uses the same manual, then supplies (sometimes, when they feel like it) inserts to account for differences.

You're going to love Lotusland.

As far as seeing a picture of the front being opened...maybe you saw a picture of an old Europa or Esprit.....or maybe a Boxster.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
The dead battery is certainly unacceptable.

Yeah, the owner's manual is an elise manual with a supplement in the back for exige. Same thing with the service manual.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i believe on the s1 elise, the fuse/brake reservoir area had an opening lid but there wasn't any storage

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
its called the boot :thwack:
:no: If you are going to :thwack:, please be sure to correct in your information so that you don't seem the arse.

The boot is the "trunk" in the rear. The "hood" in the front that the OP is referring to is called the bonnet.

:thwack: for you.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
And the hood is actually the removable top we call the roof or softtop. :D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
A 20 year old female form Florida who just got a car that she clearly doenst know a thing about........ Any guesses before its in the body shop?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
A 20 year old female form Florida who just got a car that she clearly doenst know a thing about........ Any guesses before its in the body shop?
Quicker than it takes to rack up 18 posts!

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Ah, well, I was 27 and didn't know a thing about the car when I bought mine 15 months ago. No damage other than scraping the front while I learned just how low it is! Easily fixed or replaced. But, I guess 27 is a little older than 20. And I read every page of the owner's manual and definately searched and read lots of posts on here before I dared to post! :p

1 - 20 of 61 Posts