The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the led interior light mod and had the pleasure of blowing the fuse after allowing the plug to contact the metal bracket that holds the footwell lens. Pulled the panel per the instruction manual, replaced the fuse, all is well. However, now I can't get the carpeted panel in the passenger floorboard to go back so that I can button it back up. Am I missing something? I messed with it forever tonight but it doesn't want to go. No matter how I position it it remains cocked forward a little so I am almost bending the panel backwards at the top to align the holes so I can put the carpet buttons through. Scratched my footwell leather in the process as well. No one will ever notice but I will know I was responsible for it forevermore :facepalm. Anyway, is there any secret I am missing? I tried to slot it into some locking channel or whatever is mentioned in the manual but perhaps I missed it.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Pull the carpet up and forward, then slide the panel in. It has to go into the slot on the floor and then be pushed forward.

Regarding the fuse you blew, that is a 90% probability when you pull either footwell light. So, best to pull the fuse first. Issue is, that these lamps arre ground switched, i.e. +12V is always applied.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will try that tonight. It drove me crazy.

I even pulled the plug off of the blades for the light brackets before replacing in an attempt not to blow the fuse. In trying to push the plug receptacle onto the blade after replacing the bulb somehow I grazed the bracket with the plug and blew the fuse anyway. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
also the twist fasteners have to be oriented properly to even go into the slots, IIRC they have to be horizontal as you slide them in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts