The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Just joined the forums, do not have a lotus just yet but in the next year will be looking at buying one (have to finish school). Are there many Lotus owners in Northern Indiana/ Southern Michigan area? Ive already graduated from Purdue, and am currently taking classes at Duke. Father is the President of a British car club in South Bend Indiana and they have a car show once a year. This is where I discovered Loti, and have wanted one ever since!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome. I'm new here too and also looking to get one by the end of next year. I don't know much about the area you mentioned but I thought I would say hello. I'm looking to get an Elise, you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably an Elise as well. Id love to get one in the next year but it just depends on whether or not I am able to find a job once I am done at Duke haha. What state do you live in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Massachusetts. Not to be a downer but plan on two years. The job market is awful and if you are more conservative in your expectations you might end up pleasantly surprised as opposed to bummed out. The only reason I am so sure I will afford one (and nothing is set in stone) is that I already have two jobs and I am in the process of also going into business for myself. I only need 10 clients to give up my other two jobs and 15 to get the car. Those are pretty conservative numbers so I am sure I can manage it. I am a personal trainer, what is your field? Depending on that you may be able to be more confident than I am recommending in that one year goal. Regardless, good luck. Hopefully we will meet with our newly acquired Elises at a show late next year:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well there are some in the IN MI area I picked up mine in the Grand rapids area. So you just have to take your time if you are just gunna look in IN and MI. What may help is checking out CHILL. A very active bunch of lotus lovers in Indianapolis. There is a Facebook page as well as yahoo.

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
Welcome to lotus talk! I was in your shows about a year ago also when I just turned 21. ;)

now I'm in love with my Elise SC. Best of luck picking one up next year!

fyi, try to find one that's already had an aluminum radiator upgrade... lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't live there any more, but used to live in South Bend when I went to Notre Dame!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to Duke for law, and have an "in" so to speak, so I should be able to grab a job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scotty, I rememeber there being a yellow elise and also a black one two years ago...was one of those yours?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am going to Duke for law, and have an "in" so to speak, so I should be able to grab a job.]

Awesome! An "in" is imperative these days. Almost every one I know in law who is employed right now had an in. Those that didn't are competing for para-legal positions. With that you should have your Elise in no time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts