The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the West Coast guys have been compiling a list, let's get one started for FVMC. I will be putting down my deposit this week, so I know that I am wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy down the list.

Would those of you with deposits at FVMC, respond with your estimated place in line, color and option preferences? That way I know when to get in touch with Bill, Jr. to check out the colors that I am considering...:D

I don't know how you guys are handling it...I don't even have my deposit in and I'm antsy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
thillIX said:
Since the West Coast guys have been compiling a list, let's get one started for FVMC. I will be putting down my deposit this week, so I know that I am wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy down the list.

Would those of you with deposits at FVMC, respond with your estimated place in line, color and option preferences? That way I know when to get in touch with Bill, Jr. to check out the colors that I am considering...:D

I don't know how you guys are handling it...I don't even have my deposit in and I'm antsy!
#15
Krypton Green
Hardtop
LSS
Touring
Probably going to get the stage 2 exhaust.

If you want to see my car before I pick it up, you'll have to follow the truck from the port to FVMC. I'll be there to pick my car up within an hour of it's arrival if possible :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
210ish...I'm guessing a year and a half away at least. The car is going to be my wife's...she's the one who put down the deposit. You may all be jealous of me now. :)

Arctic Silver (secondary Laser Blue)
LSS

MikeAR303...any chance of a ride in yours after you get it? I'll give you a ride in my Spyder in exchange. *chuckle*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
Nochmal said:
210ish...I'm guessing a year and a half away at least. The car is going to be my wife's...she's the one who put down the deposit. You may all be jealous of me now. :)

Arctic Silver (secondary Laser Blue)
LSS

MikeAR303...any chance of a ride in yours after you get it? I'll give you a ride in my Spyder in exchange. *chuckle*
I'd definitely be willing to give you a ride once it's here... though you may want to wait until I've broken it in so you can enjoy the full effect :)

I'd like to try to arrange some sort of local meetup at chicago indoor racing this summer, and the building is located in a large industrial park with lots of somewhat twisty roads running through it. It's pretty much deserted besides the people at CIR on weekends :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like a great idea! The KG looks pretty interesting although I think that I am leaning towards either the SY or joining the COM. Although the Magnetic Blue also looks interesting...:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
When I went to CIR the staff warned us to keep it slow on the nearby streets as the local police seem to assume that CIR customers are good ticket-bait. Imagine that...

Looking forward to a ride. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike-

You keep this up and you could probably pay for the Elise by charging for the rides! Sounds like a Schedule C deduction to me! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
Nochmal said:
When I went to CIR the staff warned us to keep it slow on the nearby streets as the local police seem to assume that CIR customers are good ticket-bait. Imagine that...

Looking forward to a ride. :)
They've warned us of the same time every time I've been there, but I've yet to see a cop staking out in the industrial park. I usually see the cops hiding on the main road right outside of the industrial park. Regardless, there are other industrial parks nearby ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
They've warned us of the same time every time I've been there, but I've yet to see a cop staking out in the industrial park. I usually see the cops hiding on the main road right outside of the industrial park. Regardless, there are other industrial parks nearby ;)
The one time I was there I did see a cop very close to CIR...good point about the other parks though. Now...hurry up and get that car. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
They've warned us of the same time every time I've been there, but I've yet to see a cop staking out in the industrial park. I usually see the cops hiding on the main road right outside of the industrial park. Regardless, there are other industrial parks nearby ;)
That should say "the same thing" obviously ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Wife......LSS????

How cool is that! Props to yo lady!

And some of the posts, LSS is to stiff, ewww. I want my tires to last... Now Chicagoland will have some dashing damsel pullin' 2 g's on the off ramps of the Kennedy? I've got a mental image of Ardent Red, blonde, killer bod'. Who wouldn't follow that!! Oh, right your wife and all. Does she own a handgun?

Remember National Lampoon Vacation, the Christy Brinkley scene, Ferrari ( I think 308)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
*chuckle*

Well, my wife has autocrossed our Spyder a few times so she's looking forward to wringing out her Elise around some cones. I kind of look forward to seeing how people react when we show up for an autox where I run the Spyder and she runs the Elise. As for a handgun for defense...well, I hope she'll be able to outdrive whoever is chasing her. :) To help your image, she's actually a brunette.

We actually intentionally waited to get on the waiting list. She and I are both approaching job transitions and we'd like things to be a bit more settled before springing for the Elise. We aren't too worried about tire wear on the LSS stock tires since we plan on having different tires/wheels for the street and autox. The LSS stock tires will either be our first set of autox tires or they'll get worn out on the street and replaced with something cheaper while using autox specific tires for autox. I also don't think the stiffness will be too horrible...I'm looking forward to a ride in Mike's to see exactly what it is like though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
I'm roughly 120 on the FVMC list. I was somewhere around 139, but several people dropped off the list. I can say that they seem to be incredibly reputable to me. I was really impressed with their honesty and how they handle customers. When people drop off the list, you move up - there is no padding or phantom slots. Not to mention they've never mentioned charging anything over MSRP or not refunding deposits. They are straight shooters all the way. And the really binny is the fact that their first allotment is 40 cars. They are the number 1 seller of Lotus cars in the U.S. So it's likely they will be able to deliver 180 cars by year-end.

Kudos to FVMC for running a superb operation! No complaints here. And what about their showroom - I've never seen so many quarter million dollar Lamborgini's in one place. I think they have one for every possible color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Reddirt14 said:
And the really binny is the fact that their first allotment is 40 cars. They are the number 1 seller of Lotus cars in the U.S. So it's likely they will be able to deliver 180 cars by year-end.
If you do the math, you will see that there is absolutely no chance that any dealer will get 180 cars by year-end, and almost certainly not within the first 12 months. Large dealers might get @100 cars. First shipment probably will be single digits, not 40.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
Reddirt14 said:
Kudos to FVMC for running a superb operation! No complaints here. And what about their showroom - I've never seen so many quarter million dollar Lamborgini's in one place. I think they have one for every possible color.
Their showroom is quite impressive... every time I've been there I've spent at least 30-45 minutes drooling over the orange Lambos :)

I've had a great experience with them so far, and I don't see any reason to think that will change when the time comes to pick up my car.

As for the 40 cars in the first shipment, I haven't heard anything about that... so I guess we'll see what happens. I do think I remember hearing that they have been the #1 Lotus dealer in the US for quite some time, so I'd imagine they would get a larger allocation than most if not all other dealerships.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top