The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts-

It is that time of year again for our the FVMC Track Day. It is going to be held at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL.

See Autobahn Country Club Driving Experience | Auto Country Club | Sports Car Country Club | Motorsports Country Club | Road Course Driving | Road Race Track | Street Race Track | Exotic Car Racing | Race Driving Experience | Porsche Driving Experience | for details and info on the track.

It is a mere $299 to get signed up for the track and includes all track time, food and intsruction. For all Lotus Talk Members, please take an additional 10 % off. JUST $269 :crazyeyes

It is going to be held on Monday September 15th on the Full Track.

It breaks down like this:

Green Group- Beginners

Yellow Group- Mid-level

Red Group - Advanced + instructors

7:30 - 8:30 Tech Inspection

8:30 - 8:45 Coffee Talk (coffee and pastries served)

8:45 - 9:00 Initial Track Intro

South Track North Track (Green Group

Track Class Room

9:00 - 9:30 - Red Group A Lead Follow B

9:30 - 10:00 - Yellow Group B Lead Follow A

10:00 - 10:30 - Red Group A Track B

10:30 - 11:00 - Yellow Group B Track A

11:00 - 11:30 - Red Group A Track B

11:30 - 12:00 - Yellow Group B Track A

12:00 - 12:45 - Lunch Provided for everyone (sandwiches and beverages)

12:45 - 1:00 - Lunchtime touring laps (bring out a friend - $25 fee)

Full Track for All

1:00 - 1:30 Red

1:30 - 2:00 Yellow

2:00 - 2:30 Green A& B

2:30 - 3:00 Red

3:00 - 3:30 Yellow

3:30 - 4:00 Green A&B

4:00 - 4:30 Red and Yellow Open

4:30 - 5:00 Green A&B

There will be more than enough track time for eveyone and for those who have never experienced a track day before we have a very safe environment to learn and get more familiar with your car. If you own a Lotus and have never been on the track, you MUST come out and try it. I think it is actually a sin if you don't. :D

Please see attached file to SIGN UP NOW!!

Sincerely,

Bill Nuccio Jr

Fox Valley Motorcars

Lamborghini Chicago

630-654-9000

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is going to be a great track day! Dont worry if youve never been out on the track, we have instructors that will ride along with you, as well as classroom instruction time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Lotus 211 - here and available!!

The first available 211 just arrived at our store and it is ready to be sold. It is Starlight Black and looks phenomenal!! :bow:

If for some reason it is not sold by Sept 15th, we will certainly have it out at Autobahn CC for our track day.

If you have questions about it, give me a shout!! :shrug:

Bill Jr

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ishmael-

I look forward to having you out there!! I just took a ride in the 211 and it is even better than I remebered.

See you there!!

:coolnana:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Do I read that correctly? The Green grp first run of the day isn't until 2:00 in the afternoon? After Tech and Intro, what would a first timer do for the next few hours?

John

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts-

It is that time of year again for our the FVMC Track Day. It is going to be held at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL.

It is going to be held on Monday September 15th on the Full Track.

It breaks down like this:

Green Group- Beginners

Yellow Group- Mid-level

Red Group - Advanced + instructors

7:30 - 8:30 Tech Inspection

8:30 - 8:45 Coffee Talk (coffee and pastries served)

8:45 - 9:00 Initial Track Intro

South Track North Track (Green Group

Track Class Room

9:00 - 9:30 - Red Group A Lead Follow B

9:30 - 10:00 - Yellow Group B Lead Follow A

10:00 - 10:30 - Red Group A Track B

10:30 - 11:00 - Yellow Group B Track A

11:00 - 11:30 - Red Group A Track B

11:30 - 12:00 - Yellow Group B Track A

12:00 - 12:45 - Lunch Provided for everyone (sandwiches and beverages)

12:45 - 1:00 - Lunchtime touring laps (bring out a friend - $25 fee)

Full Track for All

1:00 - 1:30 Red

1:30 - 2:00 Yellow

2:00 - 2:30 Green A& B

2:30 - 3:00 Red

3:00 - 3:30 Yellow

3:30 - 4:00 Green A&B

4:00 - 4:30 Red and Yellow Open

4:30 - 5:00 Green A&B

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'll be there with the CF-T.

Any chance we can run the Diasio in "A" group? Obviously it's going to be faster but we don't want to create any anxiety with passing others. If we are in "A" group I assume most if not all are experienced and it shouldn't be an issue.

Bill Jr.
Are you going to have the 2-11 out at ABCC anytime before the event?

I'm interested.

·
Registered
787 Posts
For those that haven't done this event, DO!

It's a first class event, well run, and on a challenging track.

Running on the full track makes it even better.

I can drive free 6 days a week on this track and I'm willing to pay for this event. It's a lot of fun!

Take a look at my videos of the North Track if you've never been there to get a feel......

YouTube - Lotus Elise Carbon Fiber Turbo @ ABCC North Track

YouTube - Diasio D962R & Carbon Fiber Turbo Elise @ Autobahn CC

I'm running the full track this Friday and on South track tomorrow so I'll have video of all 3 configurations by Sunday.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jaykay

Are you signed up yet, if not PM me and I can send you the entry form?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hope you all have a great time at this event. And hope you don't need my services. But If you expierience a breakdown. And need your Lotus towed to FVMC or your house feel free to call me at (815)354-7601 Classic Car Transport Inc and towing. I already handle FVMCs after hours roadside assistance calls. So I may have flatbeded your car already. We take extream care with your Lotus. with our specialy equiped to handle low stance cars. And only use straps to secure your car on transports. Don't trust your car to a regular tow company. Call the experts with experience to handle high line cars with the care they deserve.
Thanks, Ralph
Classic Car Transport Inc and Towing
www.transportcars.com

·
Registered
787 Posts
Road update by track

I was down at ABCC today and just wanted to let everyone know what the conditions are getting to the track itself. As most are aware we have had way too much rain the past 2 days.

Patterson Road which is the entrance from the north off #53 and Millsdale has two "rivers" running across it that are minimally 6" deep. I got through it fine in my Pathfinder but a low clearance car is going to have a problem. Hopefully the rains will stop and this will start to subside by morning. I did see another problem spot that has a creek and it's near the top almost so it could be another trouble spot.

Coming in from the south might also be more of a challenge as Millsdale Road has some pretty dramatic changes and has some deep valleys to get through.

Best bet is to call the track when you get close and ask which way has the safest approach. There's someone there 24 x 7 so as soon as the first cars get there, they'll have some fresh info.

The track itself has a few places that have deep "puddles". Cars were running in pouring rain though, mostly Spec Miatas and an bunch of Evo's. Oh, we did see a new Nissan GT-R out there too. An Audi RS6 looks like it might have hydolocked in one of the deep ones. Car immediately ceased running and wouldn't turn over so my guess is that it's full of water.

ABCC # is 815 722-2223

Tomorrow is suppose to have a high of 61 and mostly cloudy and very windy (20 -30 MPH) conditions. No mention of rain as far as I can see.

The track usually drains off pretty well but there can be some wet spots where it runs across the track, usually on the north section. South stays pretty dry as a rule but with this much water it's hard to tell.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The rain is supposed to have stopped by late afternoon with no more expected overnight. Monday should be partly sunny but in the 60's. It should be a good day at the track.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Road update Monday 6:30 AM

Approach from I-80 to #53 South to Laraway then west to Patterson and head South to track entrance.

Millsdale is flooded so don't come in off I-55 to Arsenal Road. Go North to I-80 then east to #53

1 - 20 of 29 Posts