The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Something to keep in mind, while driving to the LOG.... Anyone know if they're all black ??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, catching speeders is a state priority in Indiana. Nevermind that the main north/south highway to actually get through this wasteland is posted at 55! It's like taking a slow boat to nowhere. Wish I was going, tho.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Its always been a very easy trip for me.

I-74 is 70mph speed limit. I just tack it at 79-82mph and cruise my way on into downtown indy.

I hardly ever see lots of cops on the way there.

Maybe one or two max per trip.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Something to keep in mind, while driving to the LOG.... Anyone know if they're all black ??

Just an assumption, but there appears to be some "not black ones" in the background of the photo... could be tag-alongs, though.. Don't mustangs travel in flocks like sheep?? Same could be said for Lotus' going to LOG, I suppose..

- Allen..

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, catching speeders is a state priority in Indiana. Nevermind that the main north/south highway to actually get through this wasteland is posted at 55! It's like taking a slow boat to nowhere. Wish I was going, tho.
I-65 is 70 too. I've actually always felt that Indiana was pretty reasonable when it comes to speed. LotusFamily is a Crawford County sheriff and he said that his priority is people cruising slowly in the left lane and impeding traffic over those safely cruising faster than the posted speed.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Last month I had a trooper on I65 just tell me to slow down. I had been cruising at 100. Sure dodged a bullet that time.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I-65 is 70 too. I've actually always felt that Indiana was pretty reasonable when it comes to speed. LotusFamily is a Crawford County sheriff and he said that his priority is people cruising slowly in the left lane and impeding traffic over those safely cruising faster than the posted speed.
HANCOCK COUNTY!!! I'm in HANCOCK!!! we are cooler :cool:, and yes it's been years since I have written a speeding ticket (3 I think). But I'm a Sheriff's Deputy and we don't have quotas. Be careful in my state ladies and gents the ISP has several new pretty little mustangs and motorcycles hunting you. The citation quota for these guys is 300+ a month and they come equipped with e-ticket hardware which means your stop will take less than 1 minute and you are guaranteed a citation. Pray the Deputies get you first, we are typically less robotic in our enforcement ;)

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i originally read the thread title as Indiana Mustang patrol car nabs 4,600 speeders in June and was a bit :crazyeyes trying to visualise an officer issuing one ticket every three minutes on average...

...the most plausible scenario i could envision was an unmarked mustang driving through normal freeway traffic in steath mode and radioing the identity of every car driving 56mph or faster to a posse lying in wait further along the freeway to spring out and pull over just about every car on the road over en masse...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Last month I had a trooper on I65 just tell me to slow down. I had been cruising at 100. Sure dodged a bullet that time.
ChrisN got out of speeding ticket, supposedly he always manages a way out.

Dont ask me how he manages to do so. :eek:rotfl

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
The 08 ISP Mustang inventory comes in Dark Red, Black, and White, the motorcycles are big Harley D. Road Kings just in white.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Indiana has been using Camaro's and Mustang's for years...they are tricky guys too. THey'll zoom up on you to see if your wanting to play around too.

I grew up in Lafayette just of I65 and I would see them all of the time...My dad was almost baited in his Vet once but he was being wise...glad he was driving

1 - 16 of 16 Posts