The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
@Kubera I agree. The question is how much would you have to modify it to make it work with the MWR Two Post lift adapters? Also, it isn't that hard to jack the car up and put on jack stands. The real benefit would be to be able to come in and jack the car up to be able to use tire blankets to keep the heat cycles down. At this point, I would consider installing air jacks.

Later,
Eldon

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
You would have to make an extension of the adapters to the jack, besides jacking up the car (if not done properly) puts dents into the soft aluminum frame. Air jacks are very nice but will add extra weight to the car, plus lots of modification.
The more we take care of our cars, the more they will last. We are not getting a new Elise or Exige to the USA from Lotus anytime soon. (Besides the track only cars)

·
Registered
2007 Exige S
35 Posts
I have one of these. Would say it was one of my best purchases for performing routine maintenance. That being said, I have not used it on my Lotus. I have seen a few pictures online of Elise/Exige sitting on a quick jack and am interested to figure out how to safely utilize the lift with my car. It takes me about 10 mins to get correctly aligned and have my car up in the air. Being able to easily get under vehicles and access to all 4 wheels in the air is a huge time saving. Would like to hear if anyone has figured out a good way to use the quick jack with their Lotus. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Exige S
35 Posts
I have this jack and absolutely love it. I use it on all my cars except the HD truck and Exige. I just picked up the cross mount and will see how that works given the few posts I have read here regarding jacking.

I did have one issue with loss of air pressure following an extended lift. Always a good idea to check the cylinder pressure!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
"page not found" after clicking on link.

·
Registered
2006 Elise
49 Posts
Picked one up from a local Costco. I am having an issue with a faulty Schrader valve on one of the cylinder.
I reached out to the quickjack and they are sending a replacement valve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts