The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Lotus Exige S260 Sport
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Dirty bits coming out of the car. Old but gold. I’m pretty sure gold color makes these lighter and better than the rest of the “off-brand” dampers ?. Lotus Sports stickers reduce lap time of 2 seconds per lap. Sad to let these go but I can’t maintain 3 Ohlins in the garage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
After paying import duties, these finally showed up to the house. Russ was nice enough to include two Eibach springs and two top eyes as a gift. These will go on the car tomorrow, assuming we could resolve the geometric gremlins. Proteng is already being installed in the car. Slowly but surely, the car will be on its wheels again.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Do you have the 115 or 150? I’m thinking about tandem running the radiator with two Elise S3 chargecoolers converted as auxiliary radiators, in the location of current oil coolers. Not sure how it will fly, but that’s another headache for another year.
Sorry just saw this, I use the 130 because it has the flanges for the various adapters as needed vs the 150. They told me I would easily have enough capacity with 130. Why are you expecting to need more rads? I even tape up most of my current rad opening even on hot days.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Sorry just saw this, I use the 130 because it has the flanges for the various adapters as needed vs the 150. They told me I would easily have enough capacity with 130. Why are you expecting to need more rads? I even tape up most of my current rad opening even on hot days.
I am piggy backing the radiator with combo Laminova in the rear for both engine and transmission coolers. With the California heat in the summers, I’m a little worried that they will tax the radiator too much. Fred’s radiator is very good, but I just want to be safe after asking a lot out of the 27mm package. But it won’t be happening anytime soon this year as Fred has robbed me blind with his transmission package. 🤣

By the way, please continue writing on your build thread. Very tempted with the sequential if I’m not trying to keep the car somewhat road drivable. I’m very interested in your Tilton setup. Did you mount them on the floor or underslung? Do they ban aftermarket ABS for TT classes?

Thanks

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,396 Posts
I am piggy backing the radiator with combo Laminova in the rear for both engine and transmission coolers. With the California heat in the summers, I’m a little worried that they will tax the radiator too much. Fred’s radiator is very good, but I just want to be safe after asking a lot out of the 27mm package. But it won’t be happening anytime soon this year as Fred has robbed me blind with his transmission package. 🤣

Thanks
I think you'll be fine as long as you choose the right Laminova size. Jack and I use the same setup designed by Brent Bauman and installed by VSA Motorsports, except I kept my AC and Jack has a 211, so no AC. He also has a 170 degree thermostat, where mine is 160. Full details on the individual parts used on my car, pics of Jack's setup and some additional information in this thread:

If you need anything else, let me know.

San

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

By the way, please continue writing on your build thread. Very tempted with the sequential if I’m not trying to keep the car somewhat road drivable. I’m very interested in your Tilton setup. Did you mount them on the floor or underslung? Do they ban aftermarket ABS for TT classes?

Thanks
I will get back to updating the build thread one day, but happy to answer any questions.

The tilton setup is the underfloor set. I put a 2nd layer of 0.063" aluminum under the entire drivers floor then bolted this on top. It's almost stiff enough to be really happy with, but it could be better. I could run ABS for no penalty but its $$$ and frankly I rarely need it really. The car is just easy to drive. If not worried about LFB I would not change to the tilton though as it makes seating position tricky you can see in my videos that my knees are a little high because I have to recline the seat etc

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I think you'll be fine as long as you choose the right Laminova size. Jack and I use the same setup designed by Brent Bauman and installed by VSA Motorsports, except I kept my AC and Jack has a 211, so no AC. He also has a 170 degree thermostat, where mine is 160. Full details on the individual parts used on my car, pics of Jack's setup and some additional information in this thread:

If you need anything else, let me know.

San
Hello San,

Thank you very much for the link. It will definitely make my life a lot easier when the time comes for final installation. A bit of a side bar, what happened to Brent Bauman?

The one I have, which is misplaced somewhere in the moving boxes, is the same one as the one in the picture below, 321mm instead of 271 shown in picture. I want to keep AC in my car instead of going with cool shirts (which is only practical solution for the track, not much for the road), that is why my concern with the load on the radiator. Radiator will be pulling the duties of water temp, ac, engine oil and transmission oil temp regulations, and I just like the “better safe than sorry” approach. Upon checking your list, I think I might be a little screwed on the fittings as I believe the one I have is with -8AN fittings. For transmission, I think I need -6AN. As with all things one off, I’m sure there will be more gremlins when I try to install it.

Shein

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
I will get back to updating the build thread one day, but happy to answer any questions.

The tilton setup is the underfloor set. I put a 2nd layer of 0.063" aluminum under the entire drivers floor then bolted this on top. It's almost stiff enough to be really happy with, but it could be better. I could run ABS for no penalty but its $$$ and frankly I rarely need it really. The car is just easy to drive. If not worried about LFB I would not change to the tilton though as it makes seating position tricky you can see in my videos that my knees are a little high because I have to recline the seat etc
Last week, I found this AP pedal setup somewhere in a market place in Europe for a dirt cheap price. I couldn’t help but pulled the trigger on it. Come to think of it, I have no idea how I will make it work with the Exige as this pedal is for throttle cable and what I have is electronic throttle. I’ll most likely throw it away if all attempts of installation fail in the future. May be not, I’ll just sell it to someone with throttle cable.

From your videos, I noticed the fetal position and I thought you are sitting a little too close to the dash. I was considering about floor mounted ones and couldn’t get over insecurities of the thin aluminum floor we have. This is why I jumped at the chance of cheap underslung setup without a train of thought for compatibility/fitment. Speaking of which, I gotta go bug the shipper of the pedal box as UPS is withholding the package due to lack of an invoice. I’m not having any luck with shipping this month.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,396 Posts
Hello San,
Thank you very much for the link. It will definitely make my life a lot easier when the time comes for final installation. A bit of a side bar, what happened to Brent Bauman?
Not sure. He hasn't been here on the forum for over 4 years.

San

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello,
Fellow S-260 Sport owner here, 2009. Can you elaborate on your ebrake setup if it’s separate? I have bbk and am still looking at ebrake solutions. Blocking the wheels is getting old!

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hello,
Fellow S-260 Sport owner here, 2009. Can you elaborate on your ebrake setup if it’s separate? I have bbk and am still looking at ebrake solutions. Blocking the wheels is getting old!

Thanks!
Hello,

I went with the 315mm in the fronts with 190.5 pcd, and 308mm in the rear with 177.8 pcd. The rotors and hats are from seriously lotus in U.K. You should email Dave, the owner before you make the switch to make sure you are getting the correct diameters on pcd.

I went with the oem Brembo caliper to be used as ebrake, but there are lighter solutions out there, like the one from seriously lotus.

If you do not have specialized uprights, you gonna need caliper mounts like the one in the link below to get your ebrakes mounted along with the bbk in the rear.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts