The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Ro Ja Boy's journal, I thought why can't I be the copy cat :D. Might as well keep it in chronological order.

I sold my IG s240 and bought the s260 sport on January 8, 2016. An hour after the purchase, I immediately installed the Chimera CBS in place of the Odyssey battery it came standard with the car. Photo credit to Hamilton111 for second picture, who sold me the CBS.

Now the car should last 2-3 weeks without the start up. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
January 9-12

On January 8, check engine light came on and had me flipped out. Next day I run straight to the dealer thinking the big hits.

Dealer check the code, unscrew the gas cap, screw the gas cap back on, light is gone. Told me it's just the not fully secured gas cap after gas fill up. Never had this issue with my previous s240, so lesson learned there.

Drive my way back home. I drove over a nail. :mad: Towed the car to my house, ordered the tires. waited 3 days for them to arrive. When I mount, I found out that the nail only grazed the outside of the tire only a centimeter and poked right back out.

Almost pulled my hair out for not checking it earlier. Regardless I switched the tires on January 12 and all 4 wheels are with new Continental DWs.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
January 15

I have the gas cap from GB Composite and I had it installed in place of factory aluminum gas cap. Two Thumbs up to GB Composite for the build quality that is spectacular.

I then have the tow hook I bought from spitfun installed. Two thumbs up to spitfun for amazing build quality of the towhook. Due to the lowlight, I couldn't take the picture properly today. I will try again tomorrow under decent light conditions. Photo credit to spitfun for black towhook.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
January 16

Appointment with the dealer for oil line recall. Flushed and changed the engine fluid to Motul 8100 x-cess 5w40, tranny flushed and switched to Motul Gear 300 75w90. And then brake fluid flushed and switched to Castrol SRF.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More January 16

Since the car is in the air, I figured I might as well change the undertray to CF. So, I took out the one I bought from GB Composite(hi Gabe) with suspension gap block offs and replace it with factory undertray. This is where things get tricky since factory undertray has shear panel attached to it. After the tech and I figured a way out, the tray is up there nice and clean.

Since I can't lift the car with 4 point lift after the tray installed, the pictures of the car with the tray on will be taken only after I get a chance to use the 4 wheel lift. Shout out again to GB Composite for the build quality of the tray. I didn't even had to drill a single hole even with the year change.

Attached are original vs Gabe's undertray.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Ultimate The Enforcer
6,609 Posts
Not a fan of Odyssey, but you probably should have left it in or replaced it with something better.

The Chimera doesn't have a long life expectancy nor even reasonable reliability. I honestly wouldn't give even a few dollars for one. Maybe you'll be lucky.

San

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a fan of Odyssey, but you probably should have left it in or replaced it with something better.

The Chimera doesn't have a long life expectancy nor even reasonable reliability. I honestly wouldn't give even a few dollars for one. Maybe you'll be lucky.

San
Chimera has been on my old s240 for a year with no issues. If something should happen, I always have the odyssey to fall back to, or go crazy with the voltphreaks.

·
Super Moderator Ultimate The Enforcer
6,609 Posts
Chimera has been on my old s240 for a year with no issues. If something should happen, I always have the odyssey to fall back to, or go crazy with the voltphreaks.
A year isn't much, especially for the cost of the Chimera.

I would suggest Shorai. Great product and the customer service is second to none.

San

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And More January 16

Then when the lead tech seen what we are up to in his bay, he came running and I thought uh oh. Then he asked me "Hey I got a CF diffuser laying around. You can have it for a few hundred bucks". I check the piece out, it's a 3 piece rear CF diffuser almost in stock shape. I thought why the hell not, and it's on the car.

CF vs original diffuser pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A year isn't much, especially for the cost of the Chimera.

I would suggest Shorai. Great product and the customer service is second to none.

San
I will definitely check Shorai out. Thanks for the suggestion. And I will probably find Thomas and nag the living bejus out of him too :D if something happens to that chimera.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My tech tried installing the kms harness bar but apparently there is a quarter of an inch gap in fitting it. Any ideas on what we missed?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The sun is out today and I took a picture of front tow hook.

Then I had a chance to go to the weight station and had it weighed with 4 gallons of gas. 1980lbs with gas. I am guessing around 1956lbs without gas. I was expecting the car to be lighter, but I am not willing to do major irreversible mods on the car since this is a sport 260, I will have to make do with what I have. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally after 2 months of being back to USA, parts start to come in.

First part is Piilbeam's heat treated T45 wishbones, with zinc plating. Super light, shipping with UPS, including box and foams weighted 10KG. I will get these weighted on the scale a few days from now on.(Picture credit to [email protected] Racing)

Second part is Nitron's 7075 uprights.

Third part is 2bular's Inconel header and silenced decat pipe. I am still waiting on the 2bular's exhaust with h1 chamber. Hopefully it won't be too long. (Picture credit goes to [email protected])

Fourth is a 60 Liter fuel tank with surge protection from proalloy. The box is a bit big, so I didn't even bother getting it out for pictures. It will have to wait until installation to get out of the box.

Fifth is Black Watch Racing's Denso F1 radiator.(Picture credit to [email protected])

I can't wait to get them installed :). Oh, San, Chimera is still alive and kicking, luckily, after 2 years. I guess I got one of the good ones. :clap:

Attachments

·
purveyor of lightness
4,067 Posts
Car is looking great!

Yes please weigh everything!

I had thought that the Pilbeams were the same T45 wishbones that EliseParts sells - but I'm WRONG! Their design is much different. EliseParts state that a full set of STOCK wishbones weigh 18kg (39.7 lbs.) and their T45 set weigh 12kg (26.5 lbs.).

For the entire set Pilbeam set (including packaging) to weigh 10kg would be outstanding! That would save over 18 lbs!

I'm looking forward to finding out driving impressions with the spherical bearings on the street as well...

Kudos!

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
I'm looking forward to finding out driving impressions with the spherical bearings on the street as well...
David,

I changed to spherical bearing because the OEM wishbone alignment was so far off. I thought they would be harsh but did not really notice much difference.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Uprights= 23.6lbs
Header=7.2
SDCP= 9lbs (SDCP weighs more than header, ironically)
Wishbones with sphericals included=18.2lbs

I used the bathroom scale, so could be off a few lbs. But yes, wishbones are way lighter than uprights, you can tell by lifting them up with your hand, lol.
Shout out to Mike [email protected] Racing for excellent workmanship and quality parts. If you are thinking about swapping wishbones, definitely give Mike a call. Fair pricing for the parts+heat treating and zinc coating. Mike will communicate with you until he is sure that you are satisfied with the end result.
Also a shout out to [email protected] and [email protected] for quality parts.

I couldn't weigh the radiator and the fuel tank because they are too big for the scale. I think I should be losing 70-90 lbs from this process, hopefully.
I have RLS intercooler and 3 chambered shrowd and ducts to be installed too. I don't wanna do it until I could install other parts required for Torque 300.

I have a travel plan coming up next week, it would be a month or two until I can get them installed and test drive. Next year will be interesting for me.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,067 Posts
Shein - 18.2 lbs. for the Pilbeams? WOW!

That means they would save 21.5 lbs. of UNSPRUNG weight over stock... 9.75 kg!

Thanks!!

Question - is that linkage on the rear lower wishbone a "built-in" toe-link - and if so was that included in the weight along with the screw-in endlinks?

Attachments

451 Posts
Finally after 2 months of being back to USA, parts start to come in.

First part is Piilbeam's heat treated T45 wishbones, with zinc plating. Super light, shipping with UPS, including box and foams weighted 10KG. I will get these weighted on the scale a few days from now on.(Picture credit to [email protected] Racing)

Second part is Nitron's 7075 uprights.

Third part is 2bular's Inconel header and silenced decat pipe. I am still waiting on the 2bular's exhaust with h1 chamber. Hopefully it won't be too long. (Picture credit goes to [email protected])

Fourth is a 60 Liter fuel tank with surge protection from proalloy. The box is a bit big, so I didn't even bother getting it out for pictures. It will have to wait until installation to get out of the box.

Fifth is Black Watch Racing's Denso F1 radiator.(Picture credit to [email protected])

I can't wait to get them installed :). Oh, San, Chimera is still alive and kicking, luckily, after 2 years. I guess I got one of the good ones. :clap:
I didn't think that Nitron made uprights for the general public!!! How did you get Nitrons? What's your secret?

Also... those Pilbeam wishbones aren't a "standard catalogue" item either... Are they?

And the Denso radiator...you've got some very high end stuff there. I'm jealous! Good on you!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
@darkSol, I made the weighting without toelinks, I just weighted them again including the toelinks and now it sits at 19.8lbs.
Like I said, I used a bathroom scale. I couldn't guarantee an oz to oz accuracy, but the weight should only be off if so by a few lbs.
UPS billed for 10kg with everything including box and foams, I am even happy with that weight.
The biggest weight discrepancy here is Nitrons. Sector111 rated them almost twice the weight I am measuring right now. I know my scale isn't off by 15lbs.
I am just clearing these up because I know you measure the weight to the oz and take pride in losing weight(I would). I don't want to make wrong and misleading claims for you.

@machine.gun.kellymachine.gun.kelly, I know a gentleman who happen to have a set of Nitrons laying around in his house.
Nitron wouldn't build one/or probably build one for you if you order 5 sets. I did a horse trade with that gentleman.
Pilbeam wishbones are on their website, except for the heat treating part and zinc plating.
It added a few more hundred pounds but worth the price in my opinion.
I don't really have that much high end stuff as David or a lot of other hardcore people on this forum has.
There is a gentleman on this forum with a Sadev gearbox. Now that's high end :D.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts