The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Yeah 2011 NA car that had the NA stage 2 kit(headers, intake n tunr) now SC.

And for the labor I couldn't give a definite price because I did have some other things done. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
Do you have to buy BOE's stage 1,2,and 3 to have this kit installed?

what if you bought another header from a different maker can this BOE Kit still be compatible with it?

thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey John, did you also had BOE upgrade the clutch? I just read this post on thelotusforums.com by Simply Sports Cars:
"To answer a few of the questions on the N/A upgrade.... It's possible to do an NA but the cost gets up there very quickly. We use the Evora S file as the base map for tuning and to upgrade the NA to S in most cases means the ABS module needs to be replaced to the later level one which can have the program updated (the early ones up to about 2011 have a fixed program that cant be changed). Even with a later model N/A there is plenty of cost involved in getting the car into an Evroa S type spec before the 1900 or 1320 goes on. First and foremost the clutch needs to be considered, we have converted a few N/A's to the factory TVS1320 and most have been ok without a clutch but our first customer who did the 1320 upgrade blew his clutch the other day at a hill climb. An N/A upgrade to the TVS1900 wont last long at all and we haven't had anyone try this yet. Unfortunately the clutch upgrade is an engine out job which has a good 25-30 hours in it. There is lots of other hardware like the engine mount/idler bracket, injectors and inlet manifolds which N/A owners need to buy which are re-used on the S and most of these are only available through Lotus so the cost gets up there pretty quick.

I'm not sure what used Evora pricing is like in the UK but if it's anything like here it would probably be more cost effective to sell the N/A and buy the S as the starting platform.

Stu"

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/90123-evora-tvs1900/?page=4

Looks like it cost much more to upgrade an NA to this supercharger than an S.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah 2011 NA car that had the NA stage 2 kit(headers, intake n tunr) now SC.

And for the labor I couldn't give a definite price because I did have some other things done. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
Do you have to buy BOE's stage 1,2,and 3 to have this kit installed?

what if you bought another header from a different maker can this BOE Kit still be compatible with it?

thanks
Hey John, did you also had BOE upgrade the clutch? I just read this post on thelotusforums.com by Simply Sports Cars:
"To answer a few of the questions on the N/A upgrade.... It's possible to do an NA but the cost gets up there very quickly. We use the Evora S file as the base map for tuning and to upgrade the NA to S in most cases means the ABS module needs to be replaced to the later level one which can have the program updated (the early ones up to about 2011 have a fixed program that cant be changed). Even with a later model N/A there is plenty of cost involved in getting the car into an Evroa S type spec before the 1900 or 1320 goes on. First and foremost the clutch needs to be considered, we have converted a few N/A's to the factory TVS1320 and most have been ok without a clutch but our first customer who did the 1320 upgrade blew his clutch the other day at a hill climb. An N/A upgrade to the TVS1900 wont last long at all and we haven't had anyone try this yet. Unfortunately the clutch upgrade is an engine out job which has a good 25-30 hours in it. There is lots of other hardware like the engine mount/idler bracket, injectors and inlet manifolds which N/A owners need to buy which are re-used on the S and most of these are only available through Lotus so the cost gets up there pretty quick.

I'm not sure what used Evora pricing is like in the UK but if it's anything like here it would probably be more cost effective to sell the N/A and buy the S as the starting platform.

Stu"

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/90123-evora-tvs1900/?page=4

Looks like it cost much more to upgrade an NA to this supercharger than an S.
I did have the NA stage 2 setup. You don't need it. I actually have another cai now for the Evora now since they use a different MAF adapter. A radium and boe sitting in the garage.

As for the clutch I'm still running the NA clutch. I figured there is a possibility the transmission could give out just due to the pre 2012 hardening that may or may not have happened. So I'd just ride this out as long as I could then swap it. I do have a dealer not far from me where I'd end up taking the car to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, that's about mid 30s if you add in the 5% commission that BAT charges to the winning bid.

But you r right, if you look long enough you might find some higher mileage early Evora in this price range.
There is one on the Washington, DC area Craigslist in Indian Head for $35k but it has some miles on it. The owner says he is selling it to buy a 400.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
update on the car
thanks
43k still going stock NA clutch and trans.
Met up with some Lotus guys yesterday at a new Lotus dealer in summit NJ meet and went to the New Canaan cars n coffee event today.

Still a dream to drive.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
43k still going stock NA clutch and trans.
Met up with some Lotus guys yesterday at a new Lotus dealer in summit NJ meet and went to the New Canaan cars n coffee event today.

Still a dream to drive.
7k miles on upgrade, good deal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
How is your clutch holding up?
Still going. I have about 44,500 on the car now. The car has seen quite a mix of driving lately since its become nicer out. a few spirited drives and a lot of stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I can't update much on this thread as I was in an accident a few months back and currently waiting for the car to be put back together.. BUT if anyone was curious about how well the stock NA clutch holds up. this is 10K of supercharger and a total of about 46K of daily NYC driving. (lots of stop n go)

Attachments

·
Maniacal Motorist
41 Posts
Taking the plunge and ordering the kit for my 2011 S 6spd, along with the BOE headers w/cats and cooling tray. I already had the CAI to install, but car is just coming back from LSD/Clutch upgrade.

Looking forward to the transition!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Taking the plunge and ordering the kit for my 2011 S 6spd, along with the BOE headers w/cats and cooling tray. I already had the CAI to install, but car is just coming back from LSD/Clutch upgrade.

Looking forward to the transition!
I'm still waiting on getting mine back from the accident repairs. I just added an lsd aswell. Just a heads up you won't need the CAI you have. The kit uses a larger intake. I ended up selling my CAI.

·
Maniacal Motorist
41 Posts
Great pics! Sorry to hear about your accident and the car being down. I’ve been doing the wrenching myself, and will do this install also. It has taken quite some time. Thanks for the tip on the CAI. I JUST bought it. Maybe I can return it if I ask nice, though I think I bought from GRP and not BOE directly.

Glad there was no issue with smog check. I’m in CA, so I have to deal with CARB nastiness.

Do you know if they offer a black chargecooler cover? I saw one on the Harrop site. Would it get too hot for a carbon fiber or carbon-effect adhesive overlay?

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts