The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lads, so i've had my elise for around 2 years now - it is interesting project(link in the footer) and stuff. But when i saw this... coudnt resist and yesterday picked up my '08 SL . And MY lord its good. I thought that my SC elise is fast, but this....

Will follow up with more pics.

P.S. In this colour it was 34 only produced.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Love both the old and current Superleggera, congrats on your purchase, truly a wonderful car.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I drove a regular Gallardo a few weeks ago at the Exotic Car Experiance at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I loved how the regular car felt. I can only imagine how the Superleggera is to drive! You Sir have my dream car! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Very nice love it especially in grey!

Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The Gallardo is the best looking car from any Italian mfger in the last 10++ years. Its better than than the Murci, its way better than anything Ferrari can come up with including the somewhat odd/disjointed looking 458, and they sound great too.

You are my hero..... :bow: :nanner2: :shift:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and on the first time I've seen a "I had an Elise/Exige, but now I bought a..." post and not getting a bunch of these:thwack: for it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
For the first time ever, I got to test drive a Gallardo (regular Spyder, not Superleggera) AND a Murci LP640 today. That was my Father's Day present!

The Gallardo really surprised me - very fast, very fun, even really fun in the turns. It felt pretty beastly compared to my Katana Elise. There's raw quickness and handling in the Elise... but raw POWER in the Gallardo. And the AWD makes it feel like an insane amount of grip.

Then the Murcielago. Holy. Crap. Talk about a raging bull. Can't even describe the power. I have never experienced anything like either one of these cars.

Enjoy your great ride. :drool:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yes. The grip in the twisties is what sold me on the Gallardo. My Elise was great at that too obviously, but the extra weight and the AWD of the Gallardo inspires confidence in the twisties. Love the sick exhaust note of the SL. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I drove a regular Gallardo a few weeks ago at the Exotic Car Experiance at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I loved how the regular car felt. I can only imagine how the Superleggera is to drive! You Sir have my dream car! Congrats!
Ditto. I had to choose only one car and picked the F430 Scuderia. Next visit to ExoticsRacing will definitey be with a Superleggera.

Great pick-up OP! In for more pics!

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I actually drove both the F430 and the Gallardo. It was a bargain to be able to drive two great cars with a combined value of about half a million dollars for the bargain basket price of about $700!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wow great buy. I have to agree as well, the Gallardo is easily the best looking Lamborghini on the market right now. Ferrari's don't even measure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, so far:

1. Lift the front magic button - helps all the time
2. E-gear: a bit tuff, but really great thing - i like it.
3. Auto mode - not very nice, it changes gears not when you want it/need it. Driving in small speeds with A button pressed - handy.
4. Neutral - thought that is useless, but its handy actually if one doesnt want to wear clutch that fast. Already got used to using it smartly. One other thing, to prevent aggressive wear is being always in move, so you have have to look well ahead in the traffic to leave some space in font.
5. Sport button - kicks ass
6. Its very confy on highway - did 100km yesterday, very very nice. 220km/h - as if i was driving at 100 in my elise. Yes, its huge difference.
7. Sound of the exaust - my god its good. Especially when you "floor" it, and the gas bypasses whatever to give that tone.
8. I thought that i would take off tint on windows - no way, it attracts zillion times more attention, actually i dont feel nice about it. On another note, back window and side small windows are made not of glass, but of plastic(welcome to SL world) and tint started with bubbles because of this.
9. Whole alcantara interior - does look nice.
10. Breaks are great. Pedal is very tuff(you have to PRESS it, unlike in elise where it very light). Pads are squirking a bit :)

And couple images(made from mobile, quality isnt that great):

and

1 - 20 of 28 Posts