The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at both cars on paper, the similarities are pretty remarkable. Nearly identical wheelbase, weight, overall dimensions, even similar performance on the first generation models.

For those with hands on experience with both cars, what is your opinion?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
nearly identical weight is relative...the gallardo hardtop is nearly 3600 pounds...most evora S float 3100-3150.

There are a few that have owned both here

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Gallardo Vs Evora S on a Google search:

I make no warranties and representations of the 1 minute 21 second of your life you loose if you view this video. :)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That's not a Gallardo.

Thank you for the disclaimer. I should have read it first :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gallardo Vs Evora S on a Google search:

I make no warranties and representations of the 1 minute 21 second of your life you loose if you view this video. :)
The Lambo cheated, and thank you for the disclaimer. I wish I'd read it first too rotfl

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have owned a couple of Gallardos but I have only driven (not owned) an Evora S. The Evora S feels much more nimble and you feel more connected to the road through the steering wheel. Of the exotics I have tracked, the McLaren MP4 12 C comes the closest to the Evora in the areas of handling and braking---very similar. Evora S build quality feels similar to a 430 in my opinion. The Gallardo feels heavier, more solidly built and a little more planted in the twisties (due to AWD) than any of the above.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
That's not a Gallardo.

Thank you for the disclaimer. I should have read it first :)
Whoops. Sorry, couldn't tell the difference as the doors were closed. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looking at both cars on paper, the similarities are pretty remarkable. Nearly identical wheelbase, weight, overall dimensions, even similar performance on the first generation models.

For those with hands on experience with both cars, what is your opinion?
Evora is a heavy car considering its dimensions and engine weight. Curious where they put the weight. Heavy aluminum?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Evora is a heavy car considering its dimensions and engine weight. Curious where they put the weight. Heavy aluminum?
It's in the unLotusy thick leather covered padded roof of the luggage compartment (our does have contrasting stitching :) )

And other stuff like that I guess

·
Registered
795 Posts
Why would we be comparing the Gallardo to an Evora? It's the R8, whose platform the Gallardo shares visa vis parent VW, that we should be comparing it to.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Maybe be he's considering an S vs a early Gallardo.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's hard to imagine, looking at my Evora, that the Gallardo isn't much larger all around. The specs do show that both cars are within a couple of inches of each other in length, width and track.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
If you've only seen these cars in the showroom or isolated on the street then they all look bigger. In reality the Gallardo is small, as with most supercars. Line any up next to a small 3 series and it will be hidden.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Have a bare minimum of time/experience with both cars and only a NA Evora. If someone else covered all the bills, then I choose the Gallardo but if it is my wallet then I could be satisfied by the Evora.

One thing to note is, that if you are tall in the torso, your head might be into the roof on the Gallardo (headroom varies by model). I feel that Gallardo ergonomics still have a hint of the old school Italian in them. TADTS. So you really should try to get at least a half-hour drive in it to make sure the two of you fit each other.

Enjoy which ever one you get!

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I'm 6'1" with a long torso. You're right, I could just not have the Lambo unless some modification to the seat or mounts were done. No way with a helmet.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts