The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Do you know what section of galpin will be lotus?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Heard it from Lotus rep at LA Auto Show today. Claims there will be cars in showroom and service dept open in one week!
:coolnana::nanner::nanner2::nanner::coolnana::panic:

That's FANTASTIC news!

sure, it was cool to tell people I took my car to a place that sold Lambo's

but Galpin is mega huge, one of the biggest in the nation, so no doubt they'll be fair, and won't be going anywhere.

-and I can ride my bicycle there as well!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well I'm glad we've got a new dealer but for those of us that were close to Southbay Lotus Galpin is still 27 miles away. 32 miles to silverstar, 33 miles to Newport, still a pretty big dealer gap on this side of town and nothing really close to central LA either. Getting in and out of the valley to drop off the car will be a half day long ordeal for me, I used to be able to walk to southbay. Oh well Quais is still in my neighborhood at Southbay Autohouse. I still feel a little abandoned by Lotus but I guess I need to get over it. I know there are many of you that have much further to go so I'll quit bitching.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Well I'm glad we've got a new dealer but for those of use that were close to Southbay Lotus Galpin is still 27 miles away. 32 miles to silverstar, 33 miles to Newport...
I'll trade you. Closest dealer is over 120 miles away. Next closest is about 150 miles away.

Oh, wait. You're talking about LA... That means it probably takes us both about the same time to get to the dealer... Nevermind :D.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Getting from Southbay to the Valley is certainly a mission in LA. The 405 and 101 were rated as the worst traffic in America. At least there is a dealer, even if it is lost in a bigger hodgepodge of a megadealer. Probably better chances for survival for such a niche brand.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Galpin has Volvo? So when my wife's S40 lease expires in June, they can help her get an Exige? :D

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Well I'm glad we've got a new dealer but for those of use that were close to Southbay Lotus Galpin is still 27 miles away. 32 miles to silverstar, 33 miles to Newport, still a pretty big dealer gap on this side of town and nothing really close to central LA either. .
Silverstar is 48 miles away from South Bay's old location. Galpin helps a lot of us out. I'll take the 60 it is for me instead of going to Silverstar. WIsh I had your 27

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Silverstar is 48 miles away from South Bay's old location. Galpin helps a lot of us out. I'll take the 60 it is for me instead of going to Silverstar. WIsh I had your 27
Also, I have a feeling Lotus USA isn't done yet and one ot two other dealers (properly spaced apart) will probably pop up in the future. I think Galpin made sense because Lotus needed a LA dealership ASAP and Galpin was already in the midst of becoming a dealership a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a dealer in central to south LA -say from downtown to the west side to were SouthBay use to be).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also, I have a feeling Lotus USA isn't done yet and one ot two other dealers (properly spaced apart) will probably pop up in the future. I think Galpin made sense because Lotus needed a LA dealership ASAP and Galpin was already in the midst of becoming a dealership a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a dealer in central to south LA -say from downtown to the west side to were SouthBay use to be).
That'd be nice. I'm happy to see dealers popping up, regardless of location, but the BH building was very nicely located. Galpin...not so much :p I'm sure I'll be one of the first people in there though, if for nothing else than to have a look around ;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
I wish they used Rusnak Pasadena. Newport is 35 miles away from me silverstar is 45 but it feels like 10,000 miles thanks to the freaken 101 freeway I feel like I am taking crazy pills anytime I have to drive out there. Now I have Galpin that's 29 miles away from me on the god forsaken 405 thanks lotus!

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Well I'm glad we've got a new dealer but for those of use that were close to Southbay Lotus Galpin is still 27 miles away. 32 miles to silverstar, 33 miles to Newport, still a pretty big dealer gap on this side of town and nothing really close to central LA either. Getting in and out of the valley to drop off the car will be a half day long ordeal for me, I used to be able to walk to southbay. Oh well Quais is still in my neighborhood at Southbay Autohouse. I still feel a little abandoned by Lotus but I guess I need to get over it. I know there are many of you that have much further to go so I'll quit bitching.
Jeez. Folks in my area have ONE dealer, the service department of which is somewhat indifferent to Lotus, and for me it's 50 miles away. Second and third choices are well over 100 miles away each.

I'd be in Lotus heaven if I had 3 dealers within a 30+/- mile radius.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Well I'm glad we've got a new dealer but for those of use that were close to Southbay Lotus Galpin is still 27 miles away. 32 miles to silverstar, 33 miles to Newport, still a pretty big dealer gap on this side of town and nothing really close to central LA either. Getting in and out of the valley to drop off the car will be a half day long ordeal for me, I used to be able to walk to southbay. Oh well Quais is still in my neighborhood at Southbay Autohouse. I still feel a little abandoned by Lotus but I guess I need to get over it. I know there are many of you that have much further to go so I'll quit bitching.
Newport is closer in time for you as the 405 going south is much better than the 405 from LAX north...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jeez. Folks in my area have ONE dealer, the service department of which is somewhat indifferent to Lotus, and for me it's 50 miles away. Second and third choices are well over 100 miles away each.

I'd be in Lotus heaven if I had 3 dealers within a 30+/- mile radius.
I am sure there are a lot more Lotus in within LA County than in your 50 mile radius. We have a few more people too. It is all relative.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts