The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
We have a few more people too.
13.4 million between LA and Orange county, and at times it feels like 25% of them are all on the 405 at once. But another dealership is a good thing I just miss walking to Southbay Lotus, :( what can I say I was spoiled.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kind of surprised Galpin's becoming a dealer, as it's not too far from Calabasas. I hope it works out, but I didn't buy my Miata from them because of the typical high pressure sales techniques of the two salesmen I dealt with. They also refused to sell a car without LoJack installed, however given the recent sales downturn I imagine this has changed. All-in-all, the experience was negative.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Had a conversation with someone at Galpin and they are currently in negotiations with Lotus USA and a agreement will hopefully be formalized in January. The person I spoke to at Galpin has a sincere interest in the Lotus brand as he's had past experience with Lotus. Looks like both parties have a real desire in making this work as both side seem to have Lotus enthusiasts at the helm.

(On a side note, the reason I contacted Galpin because my wife's Volvo lease expires in June).

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Anyone know if Silver Star's service department has been overloaded with service requests since Calabasas and BH are no more?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
A little bit but not bad. My car is there now. I only had to wait for a couple days for an appointment. They only have one service tech (Richie) but he's great.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Galpin Lotus?!? Really? :huh:

Oh jeez... What's next? "Cal Worthington and his dog Spot" selling used Lotus?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
A little bit but not bad. My car is there now. I only had to wait for a couple days for an appointment. They only have one service tech (Richie) but he's great.
Yeah. Richie does good work.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I wonder if they'll give loaner cars while your car is in service? :)

Other than that... I'll reserve my negative sentiments until I actually deal with them.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I wonder if they'll give loaner cars while your car is in service? :)

Other than that... I'll reserve my negative sentiments until I actually deal with them.

I worked a deal while purchasing my Elise to get a loaner. (An Enterprise car.)

Lotus does not reimburse dealerships for loaner cars.

·
Registered
269 Posts
any updates?

I need an oil change, but now also have a check engine light, so I guess I need a lotus dealer, rather than Alan or Qais...don't really know where to go right now...

·
Registered
825 Posts
I don't see any info about a lotus dealership on their website. I need to schedule a service and get some warranty work done. Any new info contact info?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I give up
first the 220 to 240 dealer reflash :nanner:...........:sad:..not
then a new local dealer :coolnana:...........:sad: not agian
:(

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Is this ever going to happen or did it fall apart with the economy?
We'll see.

Could be Galpin is happy just to tweak Fords.

In the meantime, Star in Thousand Oaks and Newport Beach Lotus down there.

Stephan at Mullholland Motors and Qais near LAX non-warranty. :D

All good.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts