The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this layout for RaceDeck garage floor tiles? Each tile is one square foot.

(Yes, I know it looks like somewhere a medical helicopter would land and no, it's not for an Elise... I have an MR2 Spyder. I'm just soliciting opinions.)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'm not much for the cross, not to mention you have white tiles near the center where you'll have the most drips (if you have any.) I'd change it to stripes. What color is the MR2?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I like the the yellow and black... but the cross doesn't really do it for me. Of course, I don't have any better suggestions...

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Have you ever heard of the "golden mean"?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Danger: Swiss Army Knives May Be Laying About

yuck yuck

I'm getting rid of the lighter colored grey tiles (using just one grey) and in the middle who knows?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Try an X instead of the cross. Keep the different colored gray tiles, gives it more style. I agree that doing something different is cool. It's just the cross thing does look wierd, swiss wierd.

Or put a checkered flag design in the middle - 7 x 5, same height, just one wider on either side.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Checkered flag idea is great. Are they 7 x 5?

I'd like to keep some red in it somewhere... maybe one row at the top of the whole thing (entrance to garage). But I'd need to move the rest back one tile.

Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, the red line will be at the BACK wall, the blue line at the entrance.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's nothing wrong with that, except for the part that you wouldn't know. The whole right wall is workbenches and cabinets and the whole left wall is shelves.

I'll park on the checkered flag and keep the area inside the yellow/black checks (including them) clear. It will be nice to see the white/black checks when I get in and out of the car.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
How about this?
Actually, I find this much more soothing to the eye... :huh:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts