The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Am looking for a secure garage or shop bay (with lift if possible), to rent for 1-2 weeks. I need to do some work on my Fiat which requires me to work under the car, but unfortunately at the moment I dont have the space to be able to do that. So hoping someone nearby might have a space that would allow me to work on the car.

I probably only need the space for 5 days, but in case I come into any problems might need the space for a little longer. Hoping to begin work on the 15th.

Happy to pay any reasonable offer, or provide free Elise work for the time I'm in LA (in case you had some new aftermarket products that you havent put on just yet :mw:)

Anywhere in LA area is fine.

Thanks,
Lillie

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well, we would have had our own three years ago but for the fascist manipulations of some neighbors who "claimed" to fear we were gonna be running a shop. They blocked us by blocking the okay by the HPOZ committee needed for our building permit.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
man, I always thought two of you are the same user, like AgentTripleX and her persona, SuperVixen. lol...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are family. :)
AW is my dad. First and only father daughter combo on Lotus Talk :coolnana:

Anyway, back on topic. I'm happy with even a driveway if the car is secure. I just need to be able to go under the car, so any flat concrete surface is fine. I'm working on her at the minute in a temporary tent on the back lawn. Fine for most things but no good for working on jacks.

She needs your help. Look at her...she's so cute. She just needs some TLC. Pretty please.

Attachments

·
My car sneezes
656 Posts
AW is my dad. First and only father daughter combo on Lotus Talk :coolnana:

Anyway, back on topic. I'm happy with even a driveway if the car is secure. I just need to be able to go under the car, so any flat concrete surface is fine. I'm working on her at the minute in a temporary tent on the back lawn. Fine for most things but no good for working on jacks.

She needs your help. Look at her...she's so cute. She just needs some TLC. Pretty please.

I'm only using 2 spots in my 3 car garage. I may be able to rent it out for a few days. I'm in Rancho Cucamonga though.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Compadre of mine has a sizable industrial garage in Culver City!

Hi everyone,

Am looking for a secure garage or shop bay (with lift if possible), to rent for 1-2 weeks. I need to do some work on my Fiat which requires me to work under the car, but unfortunately at the moment I dont have the space to be able to do that. So hoping someone nearby might have a space that would allow me to work on the car.

I probably only need the space for 5 days, but in case I come into any problems might need the space for a little longer. Hoping to begin work on the 15th.

Happy to pay any reasonable offer, or provide free Elise work for the time I'm in LA (in case you had some new aftermarket products that you havent put on just yet :mw:)

Anywhere in LA area is fine.

Thanks,
Lillie
He uses only a part of it for his horrible British sports cars. :rolleyes:

How long you need it for?

:cool:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He uses only a part of it for his horrible British sports cars. :rolleyes:

How long you need it for?

:cool:
Starting April 15th for 1-2 weeks. Cant be more than two weeks because I'm scheduled to fly back to Geneva on the 30th.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
If my garage were in LA, I'd rent it to you for free !! c'mon folks... Lillie's been on here forever.....SOMEbody must be willing to just give her the space !

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you do give her the space...you might want to PM her and not post. Otherwise you might get a flood of requests, from people like...well, ME!!!

Always can find an excuse to put the car on a lift!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If my garage were in LA, I'd rent it to you for free !! c'mon folks... Lillie's been on here forever.....SOMEbody must be willing to just give her the space !
He's right. I've been on here so long that I'm an icon on this forum...or, at the very least, a smiley :mw: Come on guys...no one else has a smiley! That makes me uber cool, right? :shrug:

Anyway, bumping the thread. Seeing if anyone closer than gmendoza has a space for me. It's a long way to drive everyday, but willing to do it as its better than my current situation of no place at all.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Talking to my compadre tomorrow girlie!

Starting April 15th for 1-2 weeks. Cant be more than two weeks because I'm scheduled to fly back to Geneva on the 30th.
Pretty sure he would let you land for nothing or next to nothing there in Culver City. :up:

The bastid owes me. ;)

:D

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What are you going to be doing? painting? welding? cleaning? struts? how many hours? what time of the day (or night) do you plan on working?
1. Need to adjust placement of odometer cable so I can remove instrument cluster (and dash) from car. Cable is mounted under car to take it from front to back (where engine and tranny are), and I cant get the slack I need without physically loosening the ties from under the car. Eventually dash will be recovered along with the rest of the interior by a proper custom interior shop.

2. Need to test compression on engine. But to turn the crank I need to lift the right side and drop the wheel. I think after sitting too long I have lost some valve sealing on my #3 cylinder.

3. Need to drop motor and tranny from engine bay.

3a. Install new fuel pump and accessories inside engine bay. I dont physically have a enough space to drill the holes with tranny in engine bay.
3b. Install other holes, brackets, etc for coil and electronic distributor controller.
3c. Clean surface rust and repaint engine block (sadly, it wasnt done properly before I put the newly rebuilt engine into the bay, so I have to do it again).
3d. Rebuild head if necessary (pending outcome of #2)

I think that is it, for now, that I need to do with the car on jacks or from under the car. I will be renting a hoist to lift the car from the rear (if I cant find a shop with a lift) so I can drop the engine and tranny as a unit, and refit as a unit as well. Saves me a lot of time and hassle versus putting the two in seperately.

What is in Geneva?
Hubby

Would Manhattan Beach be OK and could you fit in the space where this black car is sitting?
Yes, looks about the same size as my old garage that I used to work in with my Elise and X1/9 in the garage.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
You're going to need quite a bit of space girlie!

1. Need to adjust placement of odometer cable so I can remove instrument cluster (and dash) from car. Cable is mounted under car to take it from front to back (where engine and tranny are), and I cant get the slack I need without physically loosening the ties from under the car. Eventually dash will be recovered along with the rest of the interior by a proper custom interior shop.

2. Need to test compression on engine. But to turn the crank I need to lift the right side and drop the wheel. I think after sitting too long I have lost some valve sealing on my #3 cylinder.

3. Need to drop motor and tranny from engine bay.

3a. Install new fuel pump and accessories inside engine bay. I dont physically have a enough space to drill the holes with tranny in engine bay.
3b. Install other holes, brackets, etc for coil and electronic distributor controller.
3c. Clean surface rust and repaint engine block (sadly, it wasnt done properly before I put the newly rebuilt engine into the bay, so I have to do it again).
3d. Rebuild head if necessary (pending outcome of #2)

I think that is it, for now, that I need to do with the car on jacks or from under the car. I will be renting a hoist to lift the car from the rear (if I cant find a shop with a lift) so I can drop the engine and tranny as a unit, and refit as a unit as well.
Told my compadre that you were Sarah Silverman's sister. He'll probably go for it. :up:

:D

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still looking MW?

May have a place in Pasadena that you can use. Want me to ask?

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Yep, still looking. Havent made a final decision yet. But have a few options to choose now! Thanks to everyone on Lotustalk :bow:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Damn, too bad it wasn't next month. I've got a lift in my shop, but there's going to be a car stuck there for a while. I'm always up to keep an X on the road. I've had 3 and still have an '87, but it's in NJ in my Mom's back yard. Haven't seen it in 8 years. :wallbang: Anyway, I know my way around an X1/9 if you can wait until next time you're in the US.

-Steve

1 - 20 of 36 Posts