The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 1032 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Well At least now I know why those Ferrari dealers charge tens of thousands of dollars for service. You have to pull the entire motor just to do a cam timing adjustment:eek: :eek: :eek:
Mitch
...and this is the reason why I'll *never* own a Ferrari :p

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Here's a shot of Steve's garage before the big make over. I can't find a reason for a make over. Can you???

BTW those Blue Lista cabinets are worth their weight in gold. I have them in my home garage, race trailer, and work shop. They are super strong, high quality, and not as expensive as a comparable Snap On cabinet.
Mitch

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Randy,

Lista makes some of the best cabinets on the planet. Trust me they will last a life time. I wouldn't purchase any other. Believe it or not they are a little less expensive than Snap On and higher quality than any Snap On cabinet I've ever seen.

Mitch

·
Registered
971 Posts
Mine won't be near that nice, but next week I should have some more pictures to add to my garage thread. The dirtwork should begin soon.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Well the ultimate garage will put mine to shame, but I'll try to get and post some pix real soon (this is a great excuse for me to finally go out and buy a digital camera, I've been wanting to for a long time anyway!) :p

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Well, on a much more down-to-earth level, here's a picture of my garage. It's not quite finished yet - needs trim installed & painted, and a new floor - but is looking much better after many days of hard work:

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks Matt, note the reflection showing the self portrait. Ever sell tea kettles on ebay? :)

Is that a two car garage and cabinets fill up the right side?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Thanks Matt, note the reflection showing the self portrait. Ever sell tea kettles on ebay? :)

Is that a two car garage and cabinets fill up the right side?
Lol...I know, the reflection kinda ruins the pic, but at least it gets the point across. I think I recall that tea kettle auction you're referring to... ;)

I would never, ever replace a garage parking area with CABINETS! That would be the day. No, it's a wide one car garage with some custom built shelves on the right side. The tall cabinet you see was just stuck there temporarily, it's now gone.

Actually, having a one car garage raises the issue of how I'll get in and out of the Elise. It's tough, so I'll want the door opened wide...which would mean parking towards the right side, crowding the washer/dryer and increasing the risk of scratches from walking in that area. I might end up backing into the garage, hugging the left wall. It'll be a nice problem to have to face, parking my Elise in the garage, and I look forward to it!

21 - 40 of 1032 Posts