The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than buy the usual used garbage at a neighborhood garage sale, my wife convinced me into buying used British garbage this past weekend.

It may not be pretty or ever get done, but here's some shots of what I've gotten myself into.

Over 2 and 1/2 days, my wife, stepson and I removed most of the wiring, the rotted dash, the windscreen, seats, started cutting out the rotted floor and removed other little bits.

Anyone offering condolenscences, advice, alcohol or, seriously, Brit experts in northern Indiana, would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
You're a brave man....

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Is that a 1974 model?

I had a 1975 MG that was the exact same color, and I think they only came in that color for 2 years.

I like the wire wheels and the non-rubber bumpers that were on pre 1975 cars

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh I've got a couple or three of those things laying around in various states of disrepair. Doesn't look too rotten and you did good with a chrome bumper car. My best advice is The MG & MGB Experience and getting involved in the local MG club in your area. Oh, post a pic under the hood and let's see what you got.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Your wife just wants you out of the house on weekends !!! I MAY know where you can find parts in MI. Post what you might need.

·
Registered
308 Posts
First picture seems not so bad, but that apple sure has a rotten core! If it were me and a Tiger, I would have the motivation, so maybe you feel the same about this, have fun and good luck.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You have my sympathies.
My wife and I will have you in our thoughts in this time of your plight...

Good luck.;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have one just like that, it was given to me by a friend and was supposed to work on it. It was a 1974.5 with the rubber bumpers. Much better condition then yours (sorry). No rust just had some problems with it starting.

You will have a blast tearing it down and putting it back together. Try the V8 motor swap.

P.S. watch out for that body roll.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Son, you just got yourself into a world of hurt.

xtn

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I spent a lot of time working on and driving a friend's '74 MGB with Sabrina bumpers in High School and college.

The good news is that you can buy everything you need to build an MGB from Moss Motors. The bad news is that it looks like you're going to have to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts