The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the bad news--For the first time I paid over $4/gal for gas. Now this was in the Lotus so the $18 fill up was not that bad. Now the good news. I travelled up CA Highway 1 from SLO to Monterey last Friday. It seems the 4 buck gas has gotten many cars and RV's off the road.

If I could rent that road for a day I probaly be willing to pay the price of Trick Racing gas.

Boys--I think this is going to be a great summer.

LPM

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
First time? I have been paying 4.06 to 4.19 since last month. Just filled up yesterday for 4.16 and I thought that was cheap.

Oh well, don't matter to me. Gas can be 10 dollars a gallon (which I hope), and I will still be out there. We just did a 1500 mile road trip this weekend, and have another 1300 mile trip planned next week.

With gas prices up, my portfolio does well, which I love. Also if gas is 10 bucks a gallon, it well get the poor folks living paycheck to paycheck off the roads, and hopefully less traffic jams.

I say bring it on, higher prices is a good thing.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Traffic is definitely reduced when gas prices come up. I don't see the ghetto hoopties belching blue smoke and running on 6 of their 8 cylinders much anymore. Those used to be crawling around the south side of Tucson all the time. I see a ton more people walking now :shrug:

·
Registered
28 Posts
diesel here is 4.00. There's tons of trucks that use that gas around here and their going crazy now over the high prices. Premium is at 3.60 and is said to be over 4 bucks this summer which is gonna suck. Just reading your post has me nervous of retuneing to socal for school this summer :(

I'm in Nashville btw.

-Q

·
Banned
241 Posts
First time? I have been paying 4.06 to 4.19 since last month. Just filled up yesterday for 4.16 and I thought that was cheap.

Oh well, don't matter to me. Gas can be 10 dollars a gallon (which I hope), and I will still be out there. We just did a 1500 mile road trip this weekend, and have another 1300 mile trip planned next week.

With gas prices up, my portfolio does well, which I love. Also if gas is 10 bucks a gallon, it well get the poor folks living paycheck to paycheck off the roads, and hopefully less traffic jams.

I've been saying the same thing for the past year! Regardless of the price.......and I could care less if it continues to go up....... less cars on the road hopefully!!! :clap: The choice of waaaay higher gas prices equates to less traffic and traffic jams....... I say jack it up!!!!:clap:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Just got back from a trip to Boston. Gas was $3.09 - $3.11 for the cheap stuff the rental took. Lot lower than the $3.63 - $3.83 I was used to for premium in the Lotus.

Prices around the country vary widely.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
I do agree that higher gas prices is a good thing. The higher the price, the less oil we buy from the middle east. :sad: The less oil we buy from the middle east, the less money and attention they get from us. The best thing we can do is quit buying their oil all together.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Here's the bad news--For the first time I paid over $4/gal for gas. Now this was in the Lotus so the $18 fill up was not that bad. Now the good news. I travelled up CA Highway 1 from SLO to Monterey last Friday. It seems the 4 buck gas has gotten many cars and RV's off the road.

If I could rent that road for a day I probaly be willing to pay the price of Trick Racing gas.

Boys--I think this is going to be a great summer.

LPM

Hey, I was in Monterey (in my RV, thank you very much) on Friday. rotfl :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Informally, "signal-to-noise ratio" refers to the ratio of useful information to false or irrelevant data.

In online discussion forums such as Usenet, off-topic posts and spam are regarded as "noise" that interferes with the "signal" of appropriate discussion. Another example is Bugzilla, where "please fix this" comments clutter up the discussion without helping to solve the bug.[1] A system of moderation may improve the SNR by filtering out irrelevant posts.

The wiki collaboration model addresses the same problem in a different way, by permitting users to "moderate" content, ideally adding signal while removing noise.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I do agree that higher gas prices is a good thing. The higher the price, the less oil we buy from the middle east. :sad: The less oil we buy from the middle east, the less money and attention they get from us. The best thing we can do is quit buying their oil all together.
Unfortunately, that can/will never happen. However, being that we are the worlds largest consumer of the stuff (maybe not for long...China's hot on our heels), one would think that we have enough buying power to exert some influence in keeping prices stable. Admittedly though, we still pay per gallon what our European colleagues pay per liter... Maybe it's a rightful adjustment. Many of us on this board will be fine and will enjoy continuing to bitch about it. But others not so fortunate, who keep things moving and shaking (read our economic base) will have a more difficult time.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

your mean and i have my prius and lotus to switch back and forth on, so bring on the high gas prices and the open road!!! :D:clap:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Yikes. If I wasn't siphoning gas from my fellow tenant's I'd really be hurting now.

Seriously, I got an spam e-mail about NOT buying gas from companies who purchase middle eastern gas but instead purchase from companies who purchase from South America or other countries. Arco was one of them. Has anyone else gotten that e-mail? I wasn't sure if it was legit.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
your mean and i have my prius and lotus to switch back and forth on, so bring on the high gas prices and the open road!!! :D:clap:

On the "mods" thread, I told you to learn the difference between "lose" and "loose."

I would urge you to now learn the difference between "you're" and "your."

Typically Prius drivers have high IQ and are quite smart. What is going on here Coi?rotflrotfl

I have been called a lot worse things than "mean," so no harm done.

See you tomorrow when my decat, flame throwing exhaust, will burn enough fuel that your Prius can't make up. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I paid $4.17/gal ($85.00) to fill up my Rover the other day. If gas it that high now, I can't imagine what it's going to be right before labor day - when it usually skyrockets!

:eek:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I honestly don't care if gas goes up to Italian or UK prices and is $7 a gallon. That would be friggin awesome for me and my commute, all these lazy fat asses will not walk a mile to get to their local gym or their curves classes, but will be the first to bitch about gas prices . So many people I know at work will F'n drive 1 mile to go get lunch !!!! WTF ??? If the distance is under 2 miles I walk it no matter what. In LA it takes longer to find parking than it does to walk a 1/2 mile to a local lunch spot. I also find it ironically funny that people in my neighborhood will drive a 1/4 mile to go to the gym and when they get there they jump on the treadmill and do a virtual 2 mile run ! Then they take the F'n elevator up to the 3rd floor to do the F'n Stairmaster when there are stairs up to the 3rd floor ? Holy crap this is the mentality that makes you a fat ass in the first place, why would you have an elevator in a 3 story gym building ? Any way aside from my rant, higher gas prices will mean lazy ass dink wads might actually consider walking that 1/4 mile to go get dinner.
I often walk a a mile and a half up to my local grocery store with my back pack and buy the fixings for the nights dinner.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I honestly don't care if gas goes up to Italian or UK prices and is $7 a gallon. That would be friggin awesome for me and my commute, all these lazy fat asses will not walk a mile to get to the gym or their curves classes but will be the first to bitch about gas prices . So many people I know at work will F'n drive 1 mile to go get lunch !!!! WTF ??? If the distance is under 2 miles I walk it no matter what. In LA it takes longer to find parking than it does to walk a 1/2 mile to a lunch spot. I find it ironically funny that people in my neighborhood will drive a 1/4 mile to go to the gym ! They get on the treadmill and do a virtual 2 mile run then take the F'n elevator up to the 3rd floor to do the F'n Stairmaster when there are stairs up to the 3rd floor ? Holy crap this is the mentality that makes you a fat ass in the first place, why would you have an elevator in a 3 story gym building ? Any way aside from my rant, higher gas prices will mean lazy ass dink wads might actually consider walking that 1/4 mile to go get dinner. .
i feel ya ROFL rotfl rotfl

and loanshark, your still mean...im gonna go to my prius and cry about the ozone now :crazyeyes

where am i? in english 1a in a community college? :shrug:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts