The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Go Kartt
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried one of these on my Elise (05) and it seems to work great. Couple of advantages-you don't forget the cap at the gas station,and the gas nozzle handle doesn't hit your car when filling because the unit raises the filler nozzle up! The model I bought is:Volvo s40 v50 gas cap capless fuel filler adapter 99-06 off of Ebay. Hope this helps. Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nice, so how does this work exactly? Is there just a metal flap that keeps it closed, then when you want to fill up you just push it down with the nozzle? I'm using a Stant locking cap at the moment. have you thrown a CEL yet?

·
Go Kartt
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cap

My engine light is already on (I think it's from the aftermaket air intake-I took it to the dealer everything checked out,they reset light,a little while later it's back on,oh well). So I don't know if it will throw a code but I don't know why it would. The car runs fine,no spillage and that's good with me and very convenient. I found the cap by cross referencing it from one car to another until I found one. Use at your own risk but I'm happy. Rich

·
Registered
334 Posts
Those are actually pretty neat, have one on my prelude =D

Good find on the cross reference! I may grab one just to try it out and see if it throws a code.

-Ty-

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Those are actually pretty neat, have one on my prelude =D

Good find on the cross reference! I may grab one just to try it out and see if it throws a code.

-Ty-
I ordered one. Since you live in Texas, I should have your report before I drive my Elise again. We have snow on the ground. It probably won't last the week, but I think Salt Season is here.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I ordered one. Since you live in Texas, I should have your report before I drive my Elise again. We have snow on the ground. It probably won't last the week, but I think Salt Season is here.
If I decide on getting one I'll let you know. If it throws a code I'll just return it =P

-Ty-

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Mine has arrived. Installation was easy, as expected. Looks airtight. I'll give it the live testing in the spring.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Couple site selling Stant say that it is not legal in CA... Any worries on emissions tests?
They're not legal in CA because they take the cap off and check it separately when smogging. I'm betting that it fails the pressure test. Keep the OEM and put it on when you are smogged.

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
910 Posts
Not really. They wont pressure test the cap nor the tank. Just make sure it's there, tight, no cel, you're good to go.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine has arrived. Installation was easy, as expected. Looks airtight. I'll give it the live testing in the spring.
Completely forgot about ordering mine hahah...guess I should get on that :D

I guess when it isn't a necessity nor performance/aesthetic upgrade I tend to shrug it off :p

*EDIT*
Just went and ordered one, it is item#41001, correct?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Got mine installed, very easy to install, takes literally 1 minute from opening package to installed. Gets a little hard to turn towards the end but with a little elbow grease it will start "clicking" in to place.

No issues with pressurizing, etc. No CEL

Definitely makes fill ups less annoying since some nozzles hit our filler neck, and think the tank is full >.> don't have to worry about setting your gas cap somewhere either!

For the price I would definitely recommend this product.

*I doubt it will have issues at the track, but my next track day I will update this thread and let everyone know if there are any issues.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
TyMurray, would you please confirm that part number?

Thanks,
kim

·
Registered
334 Posts
TyMurray, would you please confirm that part number?

Thanks,
kim
It is the correct part number however after some spirited driving today I have some updates.

1. My cel came on after some high revs during some spirited driving on some country roads.

2. My fuel gauge plummeted and I went from 2 1/2 bars to 0.

Seems this cap(at least the one I got) is not going to work without some issues.

I put my stock cap back on and the fuel gauge rose back up to 2 1/2. Haven't driven it but maybe 5 miles back to my house so the cel hasn't cleared yet. Will update this once I get some more miles back on the stock cap to make sure it clears and isn't coincidental.

Update later today

Ty

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
oh crap! Thanks for the update Ty!

Anyone else seeing this problem?

·
Registered
334 Posts
oh crap! Thanks for the update Ty!

Anyone else seeing this problem?
I know! I was very disappointed...It seemed like it sealed great, guess not :(

If anyone else that has tried this cap is seeing the same problem(or isn't seeing it) let us know!

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I know! I was very disappointed...It seemed like it sealed great, guess not :(

If anyone else that has tried this cap is seeing the same problem(or isn't seeing it) let us know!
Did your CEL clear itself?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts