The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I scoured the forums before posting and all I found was a broken link. I appreciate any feedback or guidance you might have.

I have a 2005 Elise. The gas guage is very slow to inidicate. After starting the car it takes about 15 minutes for it to read current level of gas and then everything works normally the rest of the day. I have also started having an issue with the RPM and Tach not responding. I read the post about "reflowing"? Not sure what that is. I am a 20 year Navy aircraft electrician and never heard the term before. I appreciate any guidance anyone has on this.

JD

·
Registered
100 Posts
If the tach and speed drops out again try pushing in near the center of the tach. My 05 had problems of the gauges dropping out. Found it was a loose connections on the 3 wire harness in the back. If the gauges come back when u push in on the cluster let me know and I can walk you through the fix.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate everyones responses and private messages. I will drive the car today and let yall know how it works out. :shrug:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, its the connector at the back of the RPM Guage Cluster. I took the dash apart and drove around until it messed up and started playing with it. The wires were never given enough slack to flow straight out of the connector. They are flat against the connector. Is this a common problem?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes it is a common problem. The connections are not set well in the harness and or get corroded . Also other 05 have solder that cracks apart but that is on the inside board of the cluster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts