The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 4 weeks into a new Evora S (awesome) and still sub 600 miles. I am only seeing 15 mpg with a mix of highway/city and very little heavy acceleration. I am hoping this is just because the engine has not settled into its normal rhythm. What are other people experiencing?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's horrible! MY 12 year old 9000lb diesel truck that makes over 500hp to the wheels gets better than that.

MY Elise gets in the low 30mpg area. This last tank was 32.6mpg, but I've had a few in the high 20s, all depending how I drive it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely horrible. It makes no sense to me. I have an an Audi RS4 with 430hp that gets 17.5mpg on the same loop on average. I have to believe it will improve. I hope!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Check your foot , I have the same issue. I always get around 16 or so and the car already has 18k miles on it. If you rev it high and drive it hard that's what you'll get. With Freeway driving if I stay on 5th and 6th gear it gets around 23.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm going to say it sounds about right... This car does not like idle, so if you're in city traffic, i.e. any roads with lots of lights and/or stop signs, it will ruin the mileage.

Best tank on mostly highway was 24-25mpg for me, and worst in-the-city traffic was less than 15MPG. This is on 3500 miles of driving in the S, and I'm not a lead foot.

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
about same fro me at 900 miles

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yikes! I have to say I was swayed by the higher mileage ratings. Still love the car though.

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
I figure it is break in stuff; it should improve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I average around 18 in town 30 on the highway if I hold it around 80ish
Are you in an Evora S or a naturally aspirated version.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I get about 14-15 with a mix of city and freeway, with some stop and go traffic. You can get way better than that if you short shift, but that takes away all the fun:)

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I've calculated mine at 23 mpg in mixed driving. The dash computer usually says ~17...it's nowhere near accurate. If you're seeing lousy mileage on the dash, check for yourself, you may be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sadly, my numbers are based on the actual math of gallons used per total miles driven rather than the dash computer. I will let everyone know if it improves as the engine breaks in a bit more. Thx

·
Registered
545 Posts
Low to mid twenties here.

·
Registered
877 Posts
mileage

I am 4 weeks into a new Evora S (awesome) and still sub 600 miles. I am only seeing 15 mpg with a mix of highway/city and very little heavy acceleration. I am hoping this is just because the engine has not settled into its normal rhythm. What are other people experiencing?
Just turned 600+ miles. Have not run it hard yet during the 1000 mile break in period. Mix of highway and city driving. So far 25+ mpg on the first two fill ups.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's interesting the number of NA owners boasting of their mileage in here. It's completely irrelavent in this thread about an S. :)

First off, most V6s are notorious for being inefficient with poor mileage. Take a decent one, like in the Evora, and throw a supercharger on it, and gas mileage should be the furthest thing from your mind. 15 in mixed driving doesn't seem too far off to me. I'm quite surprised other S owners are getting low twenties in mixed driving. To me, that implies they rarely ever spool the supercharger.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On a comparable performance basis, it's not really unexpected or bad. However, it's a bit surprising given the claimed mileage. In reality, I think you need to work hard not to dip too deep into super charger spooling up. With much attention to short shifting, etc., I suspect you can generate better numbers. I will give it a try and report back.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts