The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving home from the HPDE this weekend. I need gasoline, so I start to whip into this Shell station I see. I notice its quite abrupt, steep entrance. I slow dramatically, to basically 0.0001 miles per hour, approach at about 60 degrees from straight on, attempting to avoid dragging my splitter.

Then, as I'm fueling up, it hits me... my splitter is sitting somewhere off the outside of turn six, thirty miles back at the track where I ripped it off a couple hours before.

So when I left the gas station I just squirted right down and through the grand canyon of an entrance without a single scrape. Freedom!

xtn

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Are you implying that you are not going to replace it?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you implying that you are not going to replace it?
No of course not. Just forcing myself to see the positive side until I get the new one. Otherwise I would cry.

xtn

PS - I'll not take any pics. The splitter is gone. It looks like the splitter is gone. Look at my avitar pic. Now imagine the splitter is gone. Bingo, you've got it.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
No of course not. Just forcing myself to see the positive side until I get the new one. Otherwise I would cry.

xtn

PS - I'll not take any pics. The splitter is gone. It looks like the splitter is gone. Look at my avitar pic. Now imagine the splitter is gone. Bingo, you've got it.
As a fellow Texan who has f'd up his splitter, I'm curious. What are you going to replace it with? OEM is $500+ paint. Aftermarket CF is <$400 but then you are nearly obligated to also replace the side scoops and wing so they match. There have also been some posts implying the aftermarket stuff is garbage. What's a man to do?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts