The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the threads and didn't find anyone talking about the pros & cons of different petrol manufactures. Anyone care to share what they fill up with and why? Also, any bad experiences are welcome as well.

Expecting a delivery this week and will definitely be filling up a few times before the winter comes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use gas.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
I don't notice a difference in all of the major brands. I just usually avoid the smaller little name gas stations.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I don't notice a difference in all of the major brands. I just usually avoid the smaller little name gas stations.
I agree. I go with the major brands and stay away from 7-11, Mini-Mart etc.

San

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Don't use Walmart gas it will make your exhaust smell like a fat persons farts.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Don't use Walmart gas it will make your exhaust smell like a fat persons farts.
I'm not sure which is more worrisome, that you recognize the smell of a fat person's farts or you can tie it to Walmart gas.

San

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used HESS for a tank and the car had a rough startup and had a sulfur smell (fat person's farts) when I floored it.
I'm now using Exxon and it doesn't have the rough startup or sulfur smell

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I prefer shell or bp. shell because they have the rewards program, and BP because they have such nice pictures that show your fuel injector

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've been a fan of Shell, they clean my engine :p

Just don't use regular and call it a day. On a related note, what purpose does the middle tier of gas serve?

·
Registered
161 Posts
My only criteria is not buying gas with ethanol in it. Here in BC that means going with Chevron and getting the 94 octane.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Certain brands conform to Top Tier specs; they leave less deposits.

In US, Shell, Exxon are among TT gasolines, but go to that web site for more.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
AMOCO Ultimate from BP is the highest octane generally available around the Twin Cities.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My only criteria is not buying gas with ethanol in it. Here in BC that means going with Chevron and getting the 94 octane.
:up: Thats really the only choice as far as I'm concerned. I like the No Ethanol option.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
You may find the same distributor delivering to multiple stations both top tier and otherwise. So the key is to find out who delivers the best gas in areas. That info is usually known by workers in various oil companies in the area. Example, my furnace guy has been very helpful teaching me this stuff. It is definitely "insider" knowledge.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
SHELL! I ALWAYS USE SHELL!

I don't know why, but I've always had the best luck with Shell. I have alot of friends that have 1000+ horsepower cars and they all swear by Shell fuel. I have a friend that has a 700hp GMC Typhoon; that engine is so picky for some reason. If he uses anything other than Shell, it doesn't run as strong. It's probably just a placebo type thing and there very well may only be a nominal difference... but so many people swear by it and it's never let me down so far... so I have no reason to change my preference.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I always use Shell as well, but now Exxon and Mobil are top tier gases too, I might give them a chance(when I can't get Shell).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts