The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the GRP Gated Shifter Plate Kit, super easy install and I love the look. but I was not thrilled with what was left from the shifter after it was completed. So, I decided to make a stem cover to kinda clean it up, let me know what you guys think.

After installation (I left the collar on intentionally to see):

In process:

Final Result:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just recently did this install as well and have been trying to come up with a solution like this. I absolutely love your design. Whatever you want to charge me, I’ll pay you to make me one. And will be in your debt. Pm me if your interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just recently did this install as well and have been trying to come up with a solution like this. I absolutely love your design. Whatever you want to charge me, I’ll pay you to make me one. And will be in your debt. Pm me if your interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for your kind words. Flattery will get you everywhere. Yes, I can make you one. I will shoot you a PM.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Am I correct in believing that you need to remove the reverse lockout cable to install the Gated Shifter Plate?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct, it is removed from the shifter and tied out of the way.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the InnoKinetic ShiftR111 shifter, and if you just tie the reverse lockout cable to one side, you will never be able to get into reverse. Not sure what happens with the stock shifter.

Any concern about shifting into reverse, instead of 1st, by accident?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a lever that you tie down. This is what the cable pulls on. I have had no issues at all. No concerns. I will admit I did have some initial concerns. But they quickly went away after driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was hesitant to buy the gated shifter because of the appearance of the stem. I do not want to cut the nut as suggested in the install video. I think you really solved the issue with style with your stem cover. I absolutely love your design and if you can build another one i would be more than happy to pay whatever you think is fair considering the value of the material, your time and flawless design. Please PM me if possible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I would be happy to make you one. I will shoot you a PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts