The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I tried searching and couldnt find anything. Are there any addtional gauges I should be running with a super charger? I know the boost is constant depending on the pulley size (if there is not belt slipping). So I dont think a boost guage is need but what about oil temp/preasure or a/f guage?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Boost pressure gauge would be nice if you wanna make sure your belt isn't slipping, Oil temp and pressure should be standard in all cars imo, and A/F gauge when you're adding boost is a good idea.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm well If i went the the gauge pod that goes infront of the shifter console by (i think forced fed) that would supply me with two, dont know where I would put any others haha.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Boost gauge is handy to diagnose boost leak problems as well...

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,104 Posts
Do any manufacturers make gauges that display multiple parameters in a single gauge? (like oil temp/oil pressure/boost in one)

-Just got the VF2 installed...awesome!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Three gauge panel

I posted a thread about a month ago about a carbon fiber 3 gauge panel that I have fabricated and was looking for about 6-8 positve responses for a group buy. My avatar is a photo of the panel installed in my 2005 SA Yellow. I have a boost, oil temp., and oil pressure gauges in it. I have had only one reply to date.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I posted a thread about a month ago about a carbon fiber 3 gauge panel that I have fabricated and was looking for about 6-8 positve responses for a group buy. My avatar is a photo of the panel installed in my 2005 SA Yellow. I have a boost, oil temp., and oil pressure gauges in it. I have had only one reply to date.
Pretty sure like 10 people posted in your thread asking for pictures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you please post pics.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
as long as you are looking for gauges I'm selling an autometer pro comp silver face voltage gauge over in the FS section.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I never understood why anyone would accept looking down to see the gauges and thought the offerings available were a poor compromise because of space limitations in our car, My solution was a Twenty dollar triple pod from ebay and a can of flat black to mount my DEFI boost and oil pressure and an AEM a/f in the middle - simple, cheap and viewable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm looking for a guage cluster to replace my OEM radio. I can count the number of times I have listened to the radio on one hand. I'll likely also put one in front of the shifter. I'd like boost, oil pressure/temp. The NGK wideband comes with a A/F. Water temp is in the OEM dash. I think that would do it.

Do any manufacturers make gauges that display multiple parameters in a single gauge? (like oil temp/oil pressure/boost in one)

-Just got the VF2 installed...awesome!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
i installed mine in the two air vents in the center looks very cool and factory and a custom built lower pod with two boost and wideband afr in top oil pressure and fuel pressure on the lower pod

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'm getting PLX gauges for my Subie, possibly the Elise if I don't get a dash later

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKevPRuBZcM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WKevPRuBZcM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sk9wUUeQ6Qo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sk9wUUeQ6Qo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I use one of these and works good for me

Wide Band Air Fuel Ratio Meter
I have the zeitronix but don't have the boost hooked up. Where is a good place to install the sensor for boost?

Also, where do you have your data logger/box thing mounted, mines in the small holder above the cig liter, I'm not sure if I like it there

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never understood why anyone would accept looking down to see the gauges and thought the offerings available were a poor compromise because of space limitations in our car, My solution was a Twenty dollar triple pod from ebay and a can of flat black to mount my DEFI boost and oil pressure and an AEM a/f in the middle - simple, cheap and viewable.
I agree with you about having them at eye level but I just cant see myself drilling trough the dash for that.

I think I will be going with oil pres, oil temp, and wideband afr.

Now I need to figure out what brand of gauges to use.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
I'm s0o0o0o going on the Greddy Infometer Touch route...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dT3aRjrN45E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dT3aRjrN45E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But then again I'll be running the emanage ultimate and the v-manage...so it will all sync up together very nicely! haha

This thing is just too cool though...resets codes...can act as any gauge you want...and can datalog fuel trims so I can keep my piggyback tune happy!

This may be better for you reflash people than the standalone ECU crowd...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts