The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I was going to go the 1FSTREX and Westrock way and do a dash mount setup with 2 SPA dual gauges in there until I saw the post about breaking the airbag panel. Do you order those replacement clips from Lotus?
Its really not that bad as it seems, the only real drawback is that you can't do it on a whim, like you cant decide Friday your going to do it over the weekend and be up and running by Monday.

Once you do it will see that the screws truly are built to be a consumable. They are very easy to break and easy to unscrew once broken.

I order 8x B121U0117F from LotusGarage. Dont use the website, just call there "technical" number (949.270.1013)...the website was broken and no one ever answers the "sales" number. You only need 4, but I went ahead and ordered 8 just in case I wanted to take off the dash sometime in the future.

So if you want to do it, then just go ahead and order them now so that when you finally get around to doing it, you have the screws.

Also don't worry about the "These parts can only be fitted by Lotus Dealers, who must complete and return the SIR, registration card supplied with, the part" part in the description, I think thats Lotus's description and was not ever mentioned when I ordered the part.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Here is another shot from a different angle of the Defi DIN Gauges.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Certified Lotus......where did you get the mount for your traqmate? Did it come with it? I'm looking for a something similar or a gooseneck for an installation project of mine.
The mounts on either side of the gooseneck are from Traqmate, the 11" gooseneck can be bought from any good car audio store. I had the traqmate in a couple of different locations, this one is the best.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
The Defi Link Display Monitor looks like an interesting idea.
It's got the advantage of being compact and easy to read, add the warning meter for a bit more protection.

I went with individual Defi (Blackface) gauges on the Cup car ......

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree that a-pillar gauges just don't look go on these cars. And the center foot well is completely out of the field of view. So I recently installed two gauges flanking the instrument cluster. I'm very happy with the location. The gauges are easy to view but subtle. The guages just need to be small. The boost/vacuum gauge is 45mm and the air/fuel gauge is 52mm.

Sorry to ping an old thread. Jus wondering where you got those gauge mount brackets?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I mounted a pair of Innovate gauges in the dash on a custom panel.
I run an AFR and a combo Oil Temp / Pres guage. They are daisy chain linked to my Innovate WiFi OBD2 plug in so I can datalog those signals as well as the OBD2 feed together.
Easy routing and best of all, can be removed and not leave a trace if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sorry to ping an old thread. Jus wondering where you got those gauge mount brackets?
I designed them in CAD and 3D printed them. They're still working great nearly 7 years later.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Trying to figure out a gauge solution that will cover AF ratio and oil temp. Can the Defi Link Monitor do both?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I cannot see the water temp gauge in the sunlight so want to install an AutoMeter water temp gauge. Any new ideas on where is the best place to install sender unit?

Also, any new suggestions on install of Boost sender?

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
795 Posts
A little project I was working on last night.... Blue-tooth OBDII feeding Torque app on my Android tablet. Relocating horn button to the right of the tablet. Tablet is 4g so I can use it for gauges, nav, music, even movies if I am at a light or waiting for someone.

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts