The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Being new to owning a lotus has been great (06 Exige)

However i am not new to the world of aftermarket parts or forced induction. I want to contribute something to the betterment of lotus owners

I wanted to know if there was another turbo kit option how well would it be received? I know there is a few companies overseas and of only one here in the states (forcedfed). Now I am pretty good friends with the owner of Full-Race (Full-Race Motorsports) they make some of the best drag, drift and road racing turbo kits on the planet. I want to see if there is a market for another player in the lotus forced induction world. Full race I know can develop a all around winner for our lotus cars. I know everything is based on a price so lets say that this kit would be less what is on the market today. IF I can prove that there is an real interest he might just start some R&D for a Lotus Kit. In terms of EFI i think we can expect whats being done for the supercharged gang, some sort of ecu re-flash (to keep cost down). Again this is all still just talk, nothing solid.

Let me know what you all think and I will pass the issues, concerns, hp needs, etc. over to fullrace.

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
It all comes down to the tune in the end.

I think in this crowd thats the important part and what your friend will need to have figured out before there is any interest.

There was already a guy that experimented with the customers cars, and blew all their engines up. He's not around anymore.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
What SDD said... If you're doing it, tune is the biggest factor.

"PES" and CharlieX are the only current, and reliable ECU tuners (reflashers...) we have currently.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What SDD said... If you're doing it, tune is the biggest factor.

"PES" and CharlieX are the only current, and reliable ECU tuners (reflashers...) we have currently.
i was thinking we could get "PES" and CharlieX to do the tune that would be the best way. Having a lotus tuner and not a newbie making the tune was always the thought process. i think they would bring in CharlieX since he is closer to there headquarters.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i was thinking we could get "PES" and CharlieX to do the tune that would be the best way. Having a lotus tuner and not a newbie making the tune was always the thought process. i think they would bring in CharlieX since he is closer to there headquarters.
That, and CharlieX is very well respected in this community. :clap:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I would say if Charlie was onboard, I'd be interested. If not, then probably not so much.
If I ever go forced induction, it's going to be tuned by Charlie.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say if Charlie was onboard, I'd be interested. If not, then probably not so much.
If I ever go forced induction, it's going to be tuned by Charlie.
This is great!! keep it comming !

I too have the same opinion on the matter, I know lots of great tuners but Charlie knows the ECU of our car inside and out it would be silly not to have him apart of the project

Charlie, any interest ? :wave:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I think the biggest issue you'll have is that most of the cars after 07 have superchargers from the factory.. Most of these people will not upgrade from that to a turbo. Your best customers would be the N/A guys, but even then many of them (Like me) have already purchased supercharger kits. For this reason I think your potential customer base would be quite small...

That being said it's always nice to have many options when it comes to building your car so I say go for it...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Full Race does great work, but as soon as the Rotrex kit comes out that will be the way to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts