The Lotus Cars Community banner

Windshield Heat Screen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been in contact with a guy that makes windshield heat screens for Ferrari and has made a couple for the Lotus. These have apparently been pretty popular with the Ferrari crowd and we'd like to see if there is enough interest in the Lotus community to start producing these.

Here is the info:

· Easy/Quick to install

· Uses several suction cups to retain to windshield

· Packs/Stores in a small pouch

· Reduces interior heat better than tradition heat shield

· Made in Los Angeles

· $59.99 each

Please reply in this thread to let us know if you'd be interested in a product like this. Thanks in advance for your help with this! :coolnana:​

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
They work great....I have used in my Ferraris and they keep the interior cool and especially protect the windshield from ultimately delaminating.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think the deathly silence should tell you something....

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I think the deathly silence should tell you something....
between blizzards and gross pollution in Michigan I doubt this would be needed. In sunny southern Cal it's great. Much better than the cheapo ones that fold and fit inside the car and don't keep the heat out.

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
My concern with it would be anti theft. Whats to stop somebody from walking by and stealing it in a matter of seconds? Otherwise it seems like an awesome idea and no I am not being sarcastic by saying that!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I have for my Ferrari. We use on weekend drives and car shows and track days. They don't get stolen. Not really designed for regular cars parked in shopping mall parking lots. Size specific, won't fit other cars.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
My concern with it would be anti theft. Whats to stop somebody from walking by and stealing it in a matter of seconds? Otherwise it seems like an awesome idea and no I am not being sarcastic by saying that!
Hi Curtis, your concern is well noted. And as such, we'll make these with a built in security cable that will be a very strong deterrent. Truly glad you like the idea. :)

Thank you,

Hank
GARFIELD EXOTICS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts