The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a track outside Baton Rouge called "No problem Raceway" Its looks like a great little course and is pretty cheap to rent.

Weekend rental is only ~2700 bucks, that includes Ambulance/Paramedics on standby at the track. They allow 5 on the track at a time, so 10 people would make for a perfect day, 15 wouldn't be bad either, and would lower the cost significantly per person. A weekDAY rental is 500 cheaper, but would be harder to fill for im sure.

I will organize the whole thing and deal with the track, and would call and make get us a group rate at a few local hotels, and we could vote on the one everyone likes best.

Just post a reply if you are interested, im thinking Mid-End of September

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Breakin my heart fellas, 270 bucks per person if we get just 10, you will get about 4 hours of track time....you cant beat that.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Hey Chili, Doghouse, either of you up for a roadtrip? :)
isnt this about the same time we are talking about going back to hallett?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yea if anyone puts it together. Just need one to move a month later. Personally I don't want to schedule anything in Lousiana during hurricane season. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked up that Hallett track, looks like a BLAST! Im in Florida, so I wouldnt want to drive quite that far heh.

As far as Hurricane season, the odds of another storm coming through that area, esp that late in the season, are very low.

I live in prime Hurricane territory, I should know :eek:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hallett is worth the drive. :) With all our stops and detours took us around 12 hours I think to get there.

The guys are talking about 3 days worth (one private, two HPDE), so might be worth the trek for you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have driven NPR a lot. I have even done a club race there. Saying this course is outside of BR is like saying Florida is just outside of Texas. There is NOTHING near this track except a Chevron gas station. BR is an hour + drive from NPR. The Ferrari guys stay in New Orleans and party hard then drive in.

They run track days during the Summer. You may want to contact them and see when they have an open lapping day and just drive in for that.

Here is a video clip from a club race there from Feb. http://userpages.xfoneusa.net/~brian/npr/charity09/incarGBRS.avi

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have driven NPR a lot. I have even done a club race there. Saying this course is outside of BR is like saying Florida is just outside of Texas. There is NOTHING near this track except a Chevron gas station. BR is an hour + drive from NPR. The Ferrari guys stay in New Orleans and party hard then drive in.

They run track days during the Summer. You may want to contact them and see when they have an open lapping day and just drive in for that.

Here is a video clip from a club race there from Feb. http://userpages.xfoneusa.net/~brian/npr/charity09/incarGBRS.avi
Does No Problem Raceway have any SCCA races this year? I would love to try this track out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
EVO Center doesn't have run off... its not a track you want to make a mistake on... several cars have been damaged and flipped on that course.

NPR is an official track and has run-off... 2700 doesn't sound bad eather.

Both tracks are in the middle of nothing-ville.... litterally in the middle of a corn field.

-Drew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts