The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had a number of people express interest in our oil cooler line solution for a possible next group buy...

ULTRAliteLINES - Oil Cooler Line Upgrade

We try to limit our group buys to about 1 per quarter or less, but since the recall letters have been going out and we've had a number of people interested, we are entertaining the possibility of having another GB for this product in the near future.

The group buy would work like our other previous GB's where the discounts would be 5, 10, and 15% off depending on the number of sales, so if there is enough interested we could be looking at $425 for a kit.

So if you are interested, just reply to this thread and we will determine by the number of replies whether or not to go through with it. Thanks in advance for your interest and support! :clap:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Pretty good chance I would be on board.

Any chance of posting the install sheet?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Interested also depending on the discount and amount of work involved with the replacement.

I would like to see the install instructions before purchase. I have bought Sector111 products before and the instructions were easy to follow and the job was much easier than the instructions led on to believe with the exception of the race view mirrors which listed "patience" last in the tool list. The patience tool I had on hand was too short but I did get the job done.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
What makes that cost $425? It's about $150 of hose and fittings?! How do I know?? I priced it all out this week at the hydraulic shop in town.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I understand there is some cost with R&D, stocking the supplies and all but a 350% profit... I need to get in that business!

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
If I were to source it all myself I would use the starlite hose from summitt and source the rls fittings with oiteker clamps. Both Rls and sectors kits are complete and proven so the extra cost is in order. Putting them in is not hard but time consuming. I have installed 2 and clam removal makes it so much easier. Plus u can add brake lines etc! I would also bet that 1 or more of the front fittings to coolers or bypass are rusted and need to be cut off. I cut 3 fittings without issue but there is a risk of damaging the coolers. This of course depends on climate the car was in. Tommy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 22 Posts