The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i've decided to wait out the elise due to the fact that no Limited slip will be on the car.

Since all I personally value in the car is autocrossing - I'll wait to see how Randy/Pat, etc do in the Elise nationally.

If they are winning nationally and the Limited slip is not a significant disadvantage, look for me in an elise soon after.

Good luck to all. Stay safe in your Elise and enjoy.

I promise I'll be jealous!!

later.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think the recent long LSD thread was supposed to be something of a petition... a list of names of those of us who would want to see. It turned out to be a long but informative discourse instead.

I think Randy or somebody should make a sticky where each of us can add our name to a petition list for LSD. This would NOT be a thread for arguing for or against LSD... just a list of names, and waiting list # @ what dealership if applicable.

People are already dropping off of the list due to the LSD issue. If we want Lotus to be informed of how important this is to us, then we should go ahead and do a real petition (not another argument thread) sooner rather than later.

I'd definitely sign up. :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
As you mentioned, that's what the other thread originally was. I tried to bring it back on that target the other day. Pat said he would send his petition letter today, I'm not sure how many names he ended up with.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
strawtarget said:

People are already dropping off of the list due to the LSD issue.
People haven't dropped off... "Person" (as in one) dropped off.
Heck people have dropped of due to lack of cup holders too:rolleyes:
How many dropped off or decided not to get on when the realized the sills were so high?
Some will bail there will be ten other eager to take their place. I’m not being harsh but right now that is the way it is.

PS: I dropped of the list today also... Luckily someone caught me before I hit the ground and now I'm back on:D

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I dropped off because of dealership issues and indecision on my part... I also don't want to be in the first batch anymore... I'd rather lag off and wait to see how the car looks and performs in different colors and options. I'm just not ready to make all the necessary decisions being as I've never really experienced the car.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
People are going to be getting on and dropping off the list on continuing basis, just as they've done since I put my $$$ down in Jan 02.

But just in case, last one here please turn the lights out when you leave

:p

Chris

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
John Stimson said:
In that other thread, Pat said that he'd shuffled himself down the list as well. So that's at least two, but don't let silly little facts get in the way of your crusade...
You said it yourself, he shuffled himself down, not dropped off.
Many more people will drop off for reasons unrelated to the lack of LSD than those that drop off because of it.

I'll bet if we did a poll as to what they thought put off more normal (not car nut) customers lack of LSD or high sills, we would find that most normal people would be put off by the very difficult entry caused by the high sill.

So should Lotus change the sills? Maybe, more people would want the car, but then I wonder how many of us diehards would drop off.

It is what it is. If they're not changing the sills, which obviously are costing them sales to the general public, then why should they add LSD to stop only a couple people from dropping off?

The Elise is a wonderful car just the way it is. If you don't like it, drop off. I promise you your dealer won't mind, they'll just sell your spot to someone else for top $$$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts