The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, it has a couple fewer wheels than the 'liz . . .

:D

This should keep me content until she arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My sense of self-preservation won't let me. :( Plus, I promised my poor ol' mom that I'd do my best to keep myself alive until she's gone first.

As it is, I've almost broken that promise on numerous occasions.

But one of these days... I WILL have a bike.

Cade

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
MotorCade said:
My sense of self-preservation won't let me. :( Plus, I promised my poor ol' mom that I'd do my best to keep myself alive until she's gone first.

As it is, I've almost broken that promise on numerous occasions.

But one of these days... I WILL have a bike.

Cade
I feel exactly the same way. I recognized early on that some people are more suited to bikes. I tend to not pay as much attention as I should and drive a little too recklessly. However, I have improved immensely from my younger days and I think I could consider driving a bike now.

Maybe...to go against the Ducati tide...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Randy, the '04 R1 is a great bike. It's much more narrow focused (tracks & canyons) that it's predecessors. They need to be rev'ed higher, create a bit more heat, but they've got a smoother power delivery and have a bit of Italian flare to the design.

I couldn't wait for the Elise, so I traded my '02 R1 for the '04 model in April. If I don't get approved for the Elise, well, now you know. :)

PS: My girlfriend once asked me "who do you love more, your bikes or me." She'll never ask that one again. :clap:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad to see fellow bikers on the forum.

I have:

2001 Yamaha YZF600 - Daily commuter (100+) miles
1995 KTM EXC300 - Motocross still rocks
1974 Mini Clubmna - RHD of course!

Whole family in total:
4 Motorbikes
7 Mountainbikes
3 Cars (soon to be four - maybe not so soon ..."80 at SVG)
1 Tent Trailer
3 Scooters
5 Remote control cars
1 remote control helicopter

..and a partridge in a pear tree!

Who says you can have too many toys!:D

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
You'll love your Monster. I ride a '01 M900Sie. I'm thinking about getting a 749S...though I really want Allan's cool bike. :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Welcome to yet another pathology. Ducaties are a disease, there is something about their soul. They might not have the highest output number, fastest yada yada yada, but there is something about that V twin desmo lump that just puts a smile on your face.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just got my first bike last summer -- Ducati 620 sport

To those on the fence -- DO IT! Safety issues can be managed for the most part. Sports cars are great, but the bikes take you to another level of driver/rider involvement

I was VERY nervous about doing the bike thing, so I started by riding a 50 cc scooter for a few months, gettting used to traffic, etc. Took the CHP course to get the license before the scooter. After easing into it, I am very happy that I own a bike

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Need4Speed
where do you get these crazy ass pics!? LOL!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shinoo said:
... I ride a '01 M900Sie. ... :D
Excellent - that's an '00 M900ie up there (with only 360 miles!). Any "must have" mods?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
babak said:
Welcome to yet another pathology. Ducaties are a disease, there is something about their soul. They might not have the highest output number, fastest yada yada yada, but there is something about that V twin desmo lump that just puts a smile on your face.
Das de truf.

I had a rice rocket in college for a (very short) while. It was an amazing machine, but didn't really suit me. I much prefered my classic (even then) FJ600.

Luckily the now-wife was the then-girlfriend, so we've already gone through this once. She was surprisingly open to the idea this time - probably has something to do with the new life insurance policy.

While I was examining the bike at the dealership, three "young folk" showed up looking for GSX-Rs and CBRs - it was clear they had no interest/knowledge whatsoever in the Monster, but could cite chapter and verse about those garish plastic-clad scooters that sound like sewing machines.

Now, where's that map?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I am also a huge fan of all that is motorcycles. I have been riding since 1992. My first ride was a Honda 600 F2. Had a bad crash on it when a lady ran a stop sign. I swerved at the very last minute missing her by a hair, but then headed into and over a curb. Both myself and the bike went airborn with me flying off the bike. I missed a large Oak tree by a hair and landed on a soft patch of grass. Lucky for me I was only wearing a Helmet, T Shirt, and shorts. I got away very lucky that day. The bike wasn't so lucky and was nearly totaled. I really didn't care at that point as I got away with my life. Had I flew into that Oak Tree I probably wouldn't be here today.

This is my ride today, a 2003 100th Anniversary Ultra Classic up on my bike lift . A little bit more laid back and easy going for my 35 year old body .

Mitch

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts