The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Alright guys, I was trying to do this on the sly, makin' it a birthday sort of thing, but it didn't turn out that way exactly. ALL the plates came in yesterday, but the vendor messed up every single silver plate. Not in a BAD way, but they're not PERFECT, so they are re-doing all the silver plates.

So, 4 of you will have your black plates sent out today.

Everyone else will have to wait, BUT you may end up getting 2 plates instead of one, depending on if the the vendor asks for them back. So, it's a good wait. We're early anyway, as I said, I was trying to make this a surprise sort of thing and have them showing up early for you guys.

A couple of pix in a bit :)

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Happy to wait. Thanks for the heads up. I spy my plate with 111RS ;-)

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Yup :)

If you look close at the plates you can see why I'm making them re-do them. Look a the box in the middle, where it says "Type". Look how close the box is to the edge on the black plate, it has a nice 8th inch margin. Now look at the silver plates, where the box is nearly all the way to the edge, making the wording on the "Formula" plates really close to the edge as well. This means the vendor stretched the art on all the silver plates. Not many would notice, but I would, and it must be perfect to satisfy me.

Other than that the plates look absolute tits :D

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Yeah man, it's stupid, but when they came in I was like "damn, they look so good, I want to keep them all" lol. Really happy with how they turned out. I'm sure no one would have bitched if I would have sent out the silver plates as-is, but this way I might be able to get those guys 2 plates for the price of one :).

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Yeah man, it's stupid, but when they came in I was like "damn, they look so good, I want to keep them all" lol. Really happy with how they turned out. I'm sure no one would have bitched if I would have sent out the silver plates as-is, but this way I might be able to get those guys 2 plates for the price of one :).
Or, get them printed on carbon fiber if a different size...

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Family car

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Hey guys, when you get yours, please post up a pic here, and after your install if you want. It would be nice to see where everyone is going to put them! As soon as my car gets back from the shop I'll post up a pic of mine in the radio area.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.