The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

GB(closed): **Build Plate Group Buy**

14K views 135 replies 32 participants last post by  VisualEchos 
#1 · (Edited)
This GB is now closed. Plates WILL be available for individual sale, but will be run through Zach because he is a vendor here. PM me for price and details if you are interested.

Thanks again to everyone that participated!!

Alright guys, here it is, the official Group Buy thread for build plates. This GB has a minimum of 10 pieces, which we have already reached.

First, some specs.

The plate is aluminum with heat-applied gloss black paint, and a thin clear coating over that. I'm purchasing them from a company that has been making them for all sorts of applications for 15+ years. They say the painted aluminum performs fantastically in automotive applications, but to get the best performance, suggest that they not be mounted in direct sunlight and left for extended periods. In the footwell, which is where these are designed to go, they should last quite a while. However, NO WARRANTY is expressed or implied.

The plate will measure roughly 1.75" x 6" and look a lot like this...

Build Plates by VisualEchos, on Flickr

I will be offering them in silver with black lettering, and black with silver lettering.

**BE AWARE** The black plates have a finish that looks a bit imperfect if you're up close to it, but fantastic from 2 feet away. It's a combination of the way the paint is heated on, the clear-coat, and the surface itself.

The bits circled in red are what can be modified on the plate.

You have 6 vehicle icons to choose from (thanks to Zach):

1. Standard Elise

2. Topless Elise

3. Standard Exige

4. Mohawk Exige

5. Evora

6. 2010 Exige

Type will be 111R (Elise/Exige) or 124 (Evora)
Model will be Elise, Exige, Exige S, Exige Sport 260, Exige Cup 260, or Evora
Chassis No will be the last 4 digits of your VIN

You will have 1 of 2 lines of type to choose from at the bottom.

1. LOTUS SPORT-BRITISH GT3 CHAMPIONS 2006
2. FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONS - 1963, 1965, 1968, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1978

Price is set at $89 shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

Payment is via PayPal ONLY to visualechos@gmail.com

You MUST put your LT username, email address, and "build plate" in the subject line.

I have made a key for you to copy/paste into the notes of the payment so there is no confusion on which one you want. Simply stating "Elise" isn't an option.

VEHICLE ICON #:
TYPE:
MODEL:
CHASSIS NO:
TEXT:

The GB will run for this week and close at midnight on Sunday the 8th (unless there is more interest, then it may run longer). Art should be completed and all plates ordered on Friday the 13th. Plates should be completed by the 20th, and after each and every one is inspected/cleared, should start shipping via USPS Priority (2-3 day shipping) on the 23rd.

I'm sure I've missed something, so I'll update the thread when I figure it out :).

See less See more
#80 ·
That might be a cool idea, but I think for now I'm sticking to these vanity plates.

I plan to offer these on a regular basis through Zach, adding an S1 Elise, S1 Exige, a few versions of Esprit's, and maybe more. However, they won't be available as a group buy, and will probably be priced at $111 shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

#85 ·
Alright guys, I was trying to do this on the sly, makin' it a birthday sort of thing, but it didn't turn out that way exactly. ALL the plates came in yesterday, but the vendor messed up every single silver plate. Not in a BAD way, but they're not PERFECT, so they are re-doing all the silver plates.

So, 4 of you will have your black plates sent out today.

Everyone else will have to wait, BUT you may end up getting 2 plates instead of one, depending on if the the vendor asks for them back. So, it's a good wait. We're early anyway, as I said, I was trying to make this a surprise sort of thing and have them showing up early for you guys.

A couple of pix in a bit :)

#87 ·
Happy to wait. Thanks for the heads up. I spy my plate with 111RS ;-)

#88 ·
Yup :)

If you look close at the plates you can see why I'm making them re-do them. Look a the box in the middle, where it says "Type". Look how close the box is to the edge on the black plate, it has a nice 8th inch margin. Now look at the silver plates, where the box is nearly all the way to the edge, making the wording on the "Formula" plates really close to the edge as well. This means the vendor stretched the art on all the silver plates. Not many would notice, but I would, and it must be perfect to satisfy me.

Other than that the plates look absolute tits :D

#91 ·
Yeah man, it's stupid, but when they came in I was like "damn, they look so good, I want to keep them all" lol. Really happy with how they turned out. I'm sure no one would have bitched if I would have sent out the silver plates as-is, but this way I might be able to get those guys 2 plates for the price of one :).

#94 ·
Hey guys, when you get yours, please post up a pic here, and after your install if you want. It would be nice to see where everyone is going to put them! As soon as my car gets back from the shop I'll post up a pic of mine in the radio area.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.