The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MOTOR COWLING SET IN CARBON FIBER HONEYCOMB.

SPARK PLUG COVER WEIGHS= 128.0g O.E.=192.2g

INTAKE COVER =152.0g O.E.=261.6g TOTAL WEIGHT SAVINGS OF 173.8g

AN AMAZING LOOK, LIKE NO OTHER IN THE WORLD!

PRICE FOR THIS MATCHING SET= $1180.00 SHIPPED

PM ME IF INTERESTED. READY TO SHIP

VIDEO LINK BELOW SELECT HD

Honeycomb intake and spark plug cover set - YouTube

EMAIL: [email protected]

INSTAGRAM: @GBCOMPOSITES

PROJECT THREAD

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/been-awhile-carbon-fiber-project-108612/

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
$1180?! Does it really cost that much to produce those? Who cares about 173 grams of weight? If you are that concerned about weight savings, why not just remove the parts entirely?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
very pretty - excellent workmanship as usual.. It cost's 3% of my car's value though.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Pretty parts, nice video... always good to see people making parts for our cars, but your advertising strategy may not be on target. For maybe 50% more one can get a 10lb (4545g) savings buying a CF seat. I tend to rate weight savings parts by the $/lb saved, with about $100-200/lb being moderately common for CF parts. Based on weight savings @$200/lb yours should be about $80. Clearly they are worth more than that, but if weight savings is the buyer's goal you will be way way way down the list.

You probably want to sell this on it's dress up factor not it's weight savings. They ARE very pretty. The video was a good call. Inline pics would also be good. It's always good to mention the weight savings. it's a nice benefit, but .4lbs is not why anyone would lay down a kilobuck, so giving the weight top billing as the first thing you mention looks kinda silly.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Pretty parts, nice video... always good to see people making parts for our cars, but your advertising strategy may not be on target. For maybe 50% more one can get a 10lb (4545g) savings buying a CF seat. I tend to rate weight savings parts by the $/lb saved, with about $100-200/lb being moderately common for CF parts. Based on weight savings @$200/lb yours should be about $80. Clearly they are worth more than that, but if weight savings is the buyer's goal you will be way way way down the list.

You probably want to sell this on it's dress up factor not it's weight savings. They ARE very pretty. The video was a good call. Inline pics would also be good. It's always good to mention the weight savings. it's a nice benefit, but .4lbs is not why anyone would lay down a kilobuck, so giving the weight top billing as the first thing you mention looks kinda silly.

This. The product is purely a vanity play, and as such it's a hella good one. Appeal to the potential buyer's desire for a unique luxury item that will help them stand out from the rest. There will always be a CF enthusiast who just has to have such a low volume, high quality item. You are selling jewelry for the car, not something that makes it go faster. Two different but equally valid markets.

In the "go faster" market your competitors are anything you could add to a lotus: spoiler, shocks, wheels, tires, etc. In the bling market you've got no real competition for that piece. Blue Ocean my friend.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Great looking product GLWS free bump. This is the for sale section not the "give my opinion" section.
Oops..my apologies...didn't notice it was in the for sale section.

Another bump for one of the sweetest looking additions you could possibly add to your engine bay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts