The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of updating my V8 interior. New aluminum gearknob and surround has been installed and now I'm having the black plastic bits painted to match the exterior.
I thought I'd read a while ago about a member who had made up some of the 'gear selection' transfers, which I can attach to the newly painted gear shift area.
These are normally located in the bottom left area close to the gearknob, depicting the gear selection positions.
Could anyone confirm if these are indeed available?
Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
812 Posts
Did you have an aluminum shift knob before? If so I would be interested in purchasing.

I bought a new one from the UK but it had the wrong size mount hole. The shipping is more than the cost of the knob. I think the V8 knob has the correct size hole for my car. Post some pics when you are done!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Did you have an aluminum shift knob before? If so I would be interested in purchasing.

I bought a new one from the UK but it had the wrong size mount hole. The shipping is more than the cost of the knob. I think the V8 knob has the correct size hole for my car. Post some pics when you are done!
No don't need an shift knob. Got mine at PNM.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sorry - post was not clear I an interested in purchasing your old shift knob, the one I bought from PNM does not fit my car

·
Registered
812 Posts
They sell a 10mm and a 12 mm. My year is supposed to be 12 mm. But the 12mm is too large. I think the PO may have replaced the shift lever at some point? possibly installing the later V8 lever which I think is the same other than the diameter of the shift lever.

That is a real downer with dealing with parts from Europe, the shipping is so high it makes returns not practical.

Also, if any body would like a brand new GT3 aluminum shift knob and has the 12mm stick shift I have one available. I will make you a deal. Save a bunch on shipping!..

I am going to wait until my next order from PNM and then order the other knob and try to brow beat them into throwing the knob in the box and not charging me for extra shipping....wish me luck :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I created a silkscreen to apply it on the panel after I painted mine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They sell a 10mm and a 12 mm. My year is supposed to be 12 mm. But the 12mm is too large. I think the PO may have replaced the shift lever at some point? possibly installing the later V8 lever which I think is the same other than the diameter of the shift lever.

That is a real downer with dealing with parts from Europe, the shipping is so high it makes returns not practical.

Also, if any body would like a brand new GT3 aluminum shift knob and has the 12mm stick shift I have one available. I will make you a deal. Save a bunch on shipping!..

I am going to wait until my next order from PNM and then order the other knob and try to brow beat them into throwing the knob in the box and not charging me for extra shipping....wish me luck :)
Erik, I also bought a gear knob from PNM and mine was also too small (98 V8). I tried drilling it out myself, but the finished result was not spectacular LOL.
I ended up sending my gearstick to Claudius in CA. They press fitted their aluminum gear knob, which also comes with an optional Lotus logo. BONUS!

I have a rear updated 2002 panel from PNM that I did not use (went the Claudius route there). For sale and shipped from Maryland if anyone is interested.

(I wrapped the interior trim just to see if I liked the look. Finished item will be painted.)

Adam

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts