The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Evora '10
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read many threads on poor gear change performance. Appears MY12 made improvements. Any feedback on British Racing Groups shift cable assembly replacement ($2,195)?

Any other product solution recommendations?

Any feedback on Plano Tx lotus dealership on doing gear shift upgrades or other Dalllas shops you trust with this work?

Lotus Evora Factory Gear Shift Cable Upgrade

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I have had mine upgraded to the most current 2012 spec (like many parts, there are several iterations) and it made a nice improvement. That in conjunction with a tech who can properly adjust the cables, as well as a good trans fluid, make a large improvement in shift feel.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
That price is in the ballpark of asking price for these parts. I can't remember specifically what mine were. It isn't a terrible install but slightly time consuming (4+ hours I think it was.)

It is cable operated. It isn't an easy linkage solution, so not really. Adjusting is the "easy" way, and doing a fluid swap. Both make a large difference. Then the next step is the cables. No one has a LESTLA-type solution for the Evora

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.