The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called GEICO to see how much it would cost to add an additional lotus to my existing policy... and it seems they will no longer underwrite the Lotus in CT. which means i can keep my current policy but cant add another lotus. sux. and AIG, which has always given me good rates on my cars, won't insure it either.

what do you guys use in CT????

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Geico won't insure a Lotus period from what they told me.

Isn't CT the insurance capitol of the world? Try some of the older insurance companies (allstate, farmers, etc).

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, i'm going to call around see if i can get a better deal on a 2...

They are not cancelling my existing policy which i've had for a year, but won't do new ones anymore. at least i'm grandfathered.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I know the car is expensive to repair if it gets in a wreck but you'd think they'd just raise the premiums... :shrug:

I ended up going with Allstate btw.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am in NJ and I added my new '05 Elise to my Geico policy with no problems. The insurance rep was TOTALLY confused about the VIN number, and swore up and down that "I have the wrong VIN, check again and read it to me" lol. But, it worked out so far. I even have the insurance cards already.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had my Elise insured w/GEICO, then my Exige was with them too ---- all in New York.

Since then, I have gone to Allstate because they had both better rates, and a program whereby they lower the deductable (at their cost) by $100 for each year of accident-free driving you have. They also insure my Exige with no problems.

If any NYS Drivers need the name of my Allstate People (who are very nice, as well), send me an PM.

ANDY

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all. i will check it out.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I had my Elise insured w/GEICO, then my Exige was with them too ---- all in New York.

Since then, I have gone to Allstate because they had both better rates, and a program whereby they lower the deductable (at their cost) by $100 for each year of accident-free driving you have. They also insure my Exige with no problems.
Opposite experience for me. I had first my Elise, then my Exige along with my family cars with Allstate. Had been with them 10+ years, no claims, good driving. Homeowners discount too.

Last premium was outrageous. I went with Erie who wrote the Exige even though I had no history with them, and my total insurance bill, for identical coverage I had with Allstate, was over $1300 per year less than Allstate.

Also, at least in my case (again, long time customer, no claims, no tix) Allstate wanted to sell me the accident forgiveness, but that is MUCH higher. They're just getting the money up front from you before you make a claim (that you may never make).

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
So I called GEICO.... and it seems they will no longer underwrite the Lotus in CT.
You can thank all the kids that crash these cars and have clam claims... :up:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm in VA and have had Geico for the last couple years. I'm in the middle of a claim right now getting a new front clam put on.

Anybody file a claim with Geico and had their rates upped due to just once accident ever? I'm just wondering what's gonna happen to me now with them after they pay 8K to have my car fixed. I have a clean a record and have never filed a claim with them until now.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
If State Farm ever decides not to offer coverage, you can thank dealership salesmen that back their Accords into them.

xtn

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I'm in VA and have had Geico for the last couple years. I'm in the middle of a claim right now getting a new front clam put on.

Anybody file a claim with Geico and had their rates upped due to just once accident ever? I'm just wondering what's gonna happen to me now with them after they pay 8K to have my car fixed. I have a clean a record and have never filed a claim with them until now.
I have had 3 claims, none of them my fault, Geico paid out a total of 98k and my premiums did not go up 1c.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts