The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a county worker of modest means but I hope to have my truck paid off in a little over a year and would really like to get a used Elise or Exige. I am sure it has been talked about somewhere on here but I haven't seen it. Can someone tell me what average yearly maintenance costs would be? I live in West Palm Beach and the car would be a weekend driver. Basically I would like to know if I'll be able to afford the upkeep. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
689 Posts
Go up tp the search function and open it. It's up above on the black line. I usually search under 'Google" search. there are numerous threads on the costs of maintenance costs that will come up. It has been discussed heavily. Enjoy.:shift:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
How mechanically inclined are you? Before you answer....the maintenance costs are minimal for a vehicle of this caliber especially if you're handy enough to do things like an oil change, etc. Plus, this forum's great for support and finding ways to fix things properly but reasonably.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Totally off the cuff estimate: I'll say $2,000 a year, with tires included, averaged out, having the work done at a dealer.

·
Registered
604 Posts
To date, my costs for maintenance, repairs, and service are $192 per 1,000 miles. This is based on an 80k mile car that is tracked a couple times a year but is mostly a daily-driver. The R-compound tires are a huge chunk of the costs. All work was performed at the dealership through the warranty period but now is done either by me or an independent professional. This does not include modifications or soft costs (insurance, registration, gas...).

I have a spreadsheet that documents the life of my car--great for historical knowledge... I hope my wife never sees it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks. It doesn't sound bad at all. I appreciate the input and hope to join you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts