The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had SilverStar service to install a plexiglass or carbonate "shield" over the "wings" from Lotus (bottom of the front clam) where the driveway damages the fiberglass. (Thanks Richie!) They are two clear shells, painted inside to match my Elise Saffron Yellow paint. Eight holes and plastic "Rockut" rivets holes fasten them on, and I sealed the top seam with clear silicone. It might work to protect the fiberglass (a LEETLE bit), but the main reason was to cover up the driveway scratches and flaws. They were getting ugly and ragged. I think they look a LOT better now!:cool: I'll post pics soon! I read the thread on this and one installation let the shields sticking out from the clam shell.:eek:

Jack's BRG '06 Elise has Saffron Yellow double racing stripes, Lotus colors! It looks really classy! I was wondering if my Saffron Yellow Elise would look good if it was treated with a BRG double stripe, kind of like Jack's color scheme in reverse. What do you think??

The former Elise owner (carl) removed the sunvisors. I can understand, he was really tall! But I'm short. I reinstalled the visors (it was nice of him to save them!) and it works perfectly for my height. Without the visors, I was being blinded by the low sun, especially driving back (west) from Track sessions at sunset.

I noticed a thread about "desnorkeling". I can't find the neat little valve in Auto stores to replance the snorkel, If I just remove the flexible hose and let it like that, will it affect performance or damage anything?

Thanks in advance......

--Hal

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Hal,

I'm sure you love the chin/scuff guards. Fortunately, I live near nothing even resembling a hill. As I am sure that others may not be so gentle (they know who they are :)), it's been done before: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/bumper-guards-lower-frnt-spoiler-protector-10739/

Can't speak for the stripes, but you may want to see if someone can 'chop some on your car. Perhaps in the chapster5 thread.

As far as the desnorkeling is concerned, you shouldn't end up any worse off. There have been people who have found theirs to be nonexistent to begin with.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Hi Hal,

I desnorkled mine. Took 5 minutes. Sounds a bit better. No ill effects in 3600 miles. You are welcome to come check it out or hear it in person. I live off Carmen on the 101 and work off Central, right next to the highway. :)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Icedog_16 on the chin/scuff guards.

ironman: I'll contact you on the denorkeling. Thanks.

I'll get some photoshop work done too!

--Hal

·
Registered
817 Posts
I say get the stripes! (of course that's coming from someone who got stripes as a "standard" feature on the Sport Elise!) I think the stripes look good on a SY Elise. You may want to go with a darker color than the BRG though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts