The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some steering issues on my Non-Lotus car and was hoping to find some answers here as the members on this forum are much more helpful and knowledgeable than the Subaru forum members.

My car is pulling left to the left while under 30%+ acceleration. I'm literally holding my steering wheel 5-10 degrees to the right to keep it straight. Once I let off the throttle, am cruising, or on the brakes the steering wheel is back and centered.

Car just had an alignment at the dealer as well as new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. Didn't catch this until I got home, but the front toe spec is -.10 and .11. Is this enough to throw off my alignment?

Front Left Front Right
All measurements in degrees

- 0.8 camber - 0.6 camber
0.11 toe - 0.10 toe (yes negative)
6.4 caster 6.2 caster

Rear left Rear Right
0.04 toe 0.01 toe
-2.0 camber -2.1 Camber

·
He's on fire!
3,286 Posts
did they give you the "before" measurements? Did you verify tire pressures are as expected? What happens if you swap the front tires across the axle (does it still pull to the left)? Is it safe to assume that if you are coasting it tracks straight?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did they give you the "before" measurements? Did you verify tire pressures are as expected? What happens if you swap the front tires across the axle (does it still pull to the left)? Is it safe to assume that if you are coasting it tracks straight?
Front right tire had 43 psi, where as all the other corners had 32.5. D'oh...
I just put on new tires and had an alignment done too...
Will road test tonight when I go out to dinner. Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Issue is gone after lowering the tire pressure. Thanks!

Do you think the front toe spec would cause an issue? (-0.10 and .11)
I had asked for 0 toe, but the service advisor kept arguing that it’s only 2/10th’s off and it wouldn’t cause an issue.

·
Administrator
2,043 Posts
How can alignment be done properly without tires at proper inflation?

·
Administrator
2,043 Posts
One would think it would and it is listed as one of the first steps in an alignment.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
Why are you having the dealer align your car? Surely there are better options.

San

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended taking my car to an independent shop, had them re-do my alignment and all issues are now gone...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts