The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week in Canada and also this week in Baltimore I have came across a coupe sports car that has a Genesis badge on it with wings on the marquee. It's not a Hyundai gensis either.. Looked on the net and only get Hyundai results ... Doesn't look that bad of a car...

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It's probably the new Hyundai genesis. Or some **** waffle sticking a Hyundai genesis badge on something else.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was funny I seen two cars 500 miles apart with same badges ..no where does it say Hyundai on it... Genesiis on hood too

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's probably the Hyundai Genesis coupe.. Which has no relation to the Hyundai Genesis sedan.

But, without a pic it's hard to say.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then its like Hyundai wants to just create like a brand by itself like Toyota has scion.. No mention of hundai on either car I seen

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hyundai use the Genesis name on their more expensive offerings. The coupe and sedans don't have Hyundai on them anywhere. I was at an event last year where there was 2 different Genesis sedans (the new coupe wasn't out yet) which threw me as i knew there was a Hyundai Genesis but not a range.

I wouldn't be surprised if they officially make it their upmarket brand like Acura, Infiniti or Lexus.

And I want to say there was an article posted here a few weeks ago about them and how Lotus helped with the suspension.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK makes sense now ... They are trying to create a Lexus infinity acura brand out of genesis.. I think lotus helped with suspension too on this

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I would definitely consider a Genesis if I wanted a new luxury car. It's cheaper than the alternatives, and the warranty lasts 3x as long.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes cause price is a real concern for those that can afford to be chauffeured around in their S class, Rolls Royce, 760Li etc.

It's a nice car but it won't capture the intended market cause the ones who can actually afford this don't care. It'll probably grab some sales from those buying 5 series/E class/A6 cause now they can get ultra luxury for the same price.

It's similar to the entry level luxury sedan. Can you compare a sub 30k base model to the fully loaded version. Well at least in that market you'll still be getting a badge.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
It's hyundai's attempt at going upmarket, Being rear wheel drive and all. I can't believe you realized it just now, since they've been out since 2008??
I believe hyundai got their ass sued by Bentley for 'having wings in the emblem', in the States.
They still have the winged Genesis emblems in their domestic market with Hyundai badge nowhere to be seen.

I test drove the 4.6L(Sedan) one a way back when I was looking for an alternative to the E60 535i. The salesperson offered the 'KDM' badge replacement if the owners felt they can't be caught dead in a hyundai. :shrug:
After test driving it, I thought it was an overall better bang for the buck but decided against it because the car felt HUGE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts