The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy!

Shots from the Lotus stand. New 2-eleven info can be found on wallabyguy's post: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53277

BTW, Ivan Chapman (name on the 2-eleven) is of no relation to Colin. He worked for Lotus as European territory manager for many years and ran the Geneva Motor Show stand. He recently passed away, so Nick Adams told me they put his name on the car so he could still be at the show just as he has been for all these years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Abarth tortured me all day with this annoying guy tugging at the cover of the new 500 Abarth (picture 1). But finally, by late afternoon, they had their press conference and I was able to get up close and personal with my next new car :mw:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New R8. This is one car I would love to have :drool:

It's got one seriously trick motor, with cutie husband in front :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Thanks, Lillie, for the pics. Is it you sitting in the Abarth? If so, you should indeed buy one. It is a perfect match.

I plan a trip to Switzerland next week. Would you say that it is worth to make a detour of, say, 300 km to go to the show?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Lillie, for the pics. Is it you sitting in the Abarth? If so, you should indeed buy one. It is a perfect match.

I plan a trip to Switzerland next week. Would you say that it is worth to make a detour of, say, 300 km to go to the show?
If you've never been to the Geneva motor show it is definitely worth it. It is arguably the worlds most important motor show, and the quality of the presentations, variety of displays, and unique vehicle concepts make going to the show a priceless experience. 300km is nothing. In the right car you can do the round trip on one tank of gas, and the motorway network is really good...should take you about 2.5 hours (just beware of speed cameras, the swiss love them). If you go by train (or plane), the Geneva airport and station is connected to Pal Expo, so its easy access.

And yes, that is me in the Abarth.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look, its an underwater Elise! Can you believe it? :p

I was truly amazed by how much of our car is still there. Looked very cool in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beautiful, thank you. This is the reason to go to Geneva. :) Any other pics of the 8C Spider?

BTW: I've been there last year and I liked it better than the IAA in Frankfurt, because the exhibition center is so compact in Geneva, however very crowded in the afternoon.
I didnt get any more shots of the Alfa because they were doing some press stuff at the time. Too busy to get a clean shot. But lots of shots from online magazines:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/04/geneva-2008-alfa-romeo-8c-spider/

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=124841

1 - 20 of 111 Posts