The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get an alignment done and wondering if anyone has some inputs. 111r NA elise with stock ride height/ bilstein sports suspension and nankang ns2r tires (205 and 235). Mostly use the car for street, spirited and some mountain driving, maybe 1 to max 3 track days a year.

Thinking to go for the 340R road setup:
Front: Camber: -0.5°, Toe: -0.03°
Rear: Camber: -2.0°, Toe: 0.20°

Right now I have -1.06° of camber on both front wheels. Will this be too much or leave it and change the rest to the 340road setup?

How will this setup effect the tire wear? will it be a huge different from the stock setup? Also I have maybe 3 or 4 shims or something on my front left wheel and still I got -1.06 degree of camber? Just read somewhere that if you remove all the shims that would make maks -0.6 to -1.00. Is this something to be worried about? Also is it a must to use locktight on the bolts? Didn't do use that last time I removed shims..

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
Here's Inokinetic's recommendation...https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_laFByR2AXa4l3nzsgPDTOIUJoM1O8N/view

·
He's on fire!
3,261 Posts
if you're doing track days keep front camber where it is (-1.0*). For rear, -2.0* camber is a decent compromise of tire wear and performance, if you wanted more performance you could have rear camber be -2.5* +/- 0.1*

I would definitely use loctite on those bolts, you're asking for trouble not doing that.

toe settings look pretty vanilla to me. car will want to rotate more with toe out up front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts