The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,
Still very much tentative, but Lotus Atlanta is hoping to have a get together when they have there demo. I think shooting for last Sat. in July, I'll keep everyone posted.
Chris

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
my calendar says 31 july. excellent, i can make it that day.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great, I'll keep you posted when things firm up. LOA will probably drop you a line too.
Chris

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim,
Hope you had a great trip. I'm going to be out of town next week. so want to ask a favor. Would you Lotus Atlanta next Wed to verify that they're have the demo reception on Sat. the 31st and post confirmation here? I won't be back until late the 30th, but I'll be there Sat.

Don't want anyone to go to the dealer and find event cancelled because demo didn't arrive.

Thanks
CHris

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
JJ...where are you on the list? what color? options? will be nice to know there is at least one other elise in hsv

·
Registered
23 Posts
LL,
I put a deposit down at Dimmitt in May (as far as I could tell, I would get a car a bit sooner from them than from Atlanta). I didn't get a number, but instead an estimate of a likely December/January ordering opportunity. But even if it's later than that, I'm enjoying my Audi TT V6 and don't really mind. I do want to see/experience the car, since my only brief intro to date was at the Atlanta auto show in 2003 and I left thinking it may be a little too small in Pickup and SUV-land - seems like half the vehicles in HSV are one or the other. The great thing about Huntsville, though, is that land is so cheap that I am planning and costing out a private racetrack, initially about 1 mile. I can get farmland for about $1300 an acre and have been looking into finding some adjacent to the nearby interstates (to minimize future noise concerns). With paving and a gravel underlay running about $3.50 a square foot, I'll need about 120 members at $20 a month to keep the place running, or fewer if I find folks willing to invest a little more upfront. I'm planning on about 60 acres of land and have been study Barber's track and the Formula 1 circuit (past and present) to make sure I get all of the design elements for an exciting track. If you know of some interested folks, I'll have a formal proposal ready in a few months...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
oh, i think i know some interested folks. you might know some of the same folks. when the time is upon us let's see if we can muster a lot of support. i did deposits in january- or was it feb? anyway, i have hopes of seeing a car in 5 to 10 months- depending upon how one interprets the allocation saga. until then i have to settle for the lowly spyder. i consider it on the road training for the lotus

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,
I'm going to be away from the computer probably from Monday night until Fri night.

Not sure the elise reception will be the 31st, depends on if the demo arrives. Those coming from someplace, suggest you give the dealership a call (404)233-4269 on Friday.

Thanks
Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts