The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2011 Evora ... A dealer demo with 1000 miles

It had lose steering wheel and problem with navi

It's been at the dealer for more than 10 days waiting parts!

Like to ask what's people's experience been with waiting for parts

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
lotus=tu-slo

2-4 months is average. some parts may take 6 months. just depends on your luck.. dealerships claim they have no control over how fast they get parts.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I guess they let the parts swim over the Atlantic. In Europe its generraly within one week unless the parts are on back order.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I have not had any work done at a dealership. I have had very good luck with Lotus Garage and doing the work myself, but obviously if you can get it done under warranty for free or a nominal charge then it may be worth the wait :)

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
One thing I know for sure is that Lotus USA accepts orders on Thursdays only. So even if your dealer orders on Monday, it won't get processed til later. Go figure. If the part is in stock in Georgia then the order should be processed on Friday (usa time) and sent out Friday or following Monday.

However, if the part is not in the US, then technically ordering on Thurs means Friday for UK. Depending of course what time the order is received across the pond and how many other orders they received across the globe, your order may be processed following Monday or Tues or even later in that following week.

Now, supposed your order is processed...then it goes back to another waiting period if the part is in stock or a made to order. If it's the latter, then I reckon this is the bulk of the waiting time.

Ok suppose the part is ready to be shipped from UK. I guess not quite yet. In order to minimize shipping cost, Lotus might wait til they have enough parts to ship to the US. And this cargo is shipped not directly to dealerships but to the distribution center in Georgia. Then someone has to sort out which part goes to which dealership etc.

So I can see why 4 to 6 months.

Talk about efficiency, BMW AG ships out via FEDEX next day from Germany to the US regardless how many parts are in an order. And they sometimes ship directly to the dealership. No additional cost incur to the dealership or the customer until about 2 years ago. It's $25 more since.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
My car came without cruise control. Had the dealership add cruise for me. @ buttons and a wiring harness took about a week to come in.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Could omeone please explain what the difference is between "Cruise Control" and "foot to the floor" is:confused:

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
We have been having all sorts of trouble with Lotus fulfilling orders here in on the US side of things. Some parts come right away, others can take literally months. Since we do more parts sales than anyone else, it's really been frustrating as this was not the way it was even a year ago. We have been stuck with what appears to be batch freight shipping which has slowed things down considerably.

As a result, we are now beginning to source things overseas from other sources who seem to mot be impacted by the issues on this side of the pond. If there's something I can locate for you, let me know. Even with the shipping across the ocean, it's getting to be a faster turn around on some parts than ordering them from US operations.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I stopped by my dealer today (World Imports USA - Jacksonville, FL) and spoke with Pat in the service dept. He said he can get parts in 2-3 days max (which has been my experience). Even during the shutdown, he said he had no trouble at all. I told him about some trouble you guys have been reporting about getting parts - he suggested you guys call him :)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Please keep us posted how you make out. I'll be interested to see how fast you get them.

To get parts in 2-3 days IF US operations have them, the order will be assessed a surcharge by LCU. If they aren't in the US, they won't be able to get them through the conventional route in that time. We've been able to overnight things from the UK but it isn't cheap and LCU won't do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts