The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I heard an add on the radio recently from one of the big chain auto parts stores (forget which one). They claim to have brake pads in store for any car made in the last 25 years or else they will buy you a set. Didn't take long to think about if they would be handing me a set of pads for the my '06 Exige. Are the pads for these cars used on anything else more popular that they would have in stock? I figured it is worth a shot, need to hear that ad again to see who is claiming it

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry but they are available. Fronts match the rear of 2006 Subaru WRX STI and rears match the rear of a 2000 Dodge Viper.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I don't know Dak, it seems like even if the pads did last extremely long there might be some disadvantages like noise, dust, lower rotor life and poor performance.

When I was younger, my brother used these kinds of pads on his M3. I think they were called Metal Masters. Performed well enough, they didn't have the initial bite of stock pads but for street duties they did the job. Pad life was actually very low, I think he changed them once a year, they dusted up like crazy and made low speed squealing.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think the cheap brake pads are no longer manufactured from the cheap bastard's guide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts