The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious--how many of you find that you have to move the seat all the way back to get in and out of the car, then once in, move it forward to a driving position? I am not a tall guy-- 5' 6"--- but I after a week of owning the car I still can't seem to get in or out without constantly adjusting the seat.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
oh wow.

Search....;)

I dont have adjust my seat at all. And im 6'2" Seems to me the smaller you are the easier you should be. So your doing something wrong. :shrug:

·
Registered
846 Posts
nope never move it and am 5'11", park your butt in the seat, then swing both legs in...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm 5'6", too. :coolnana:

Yes, I move it every time. Forward ALL THE WAY after I get in, and back ALL THE WAY when I get out. :D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
it's all technique. 100 %

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I think the taller people don't need to move the seat for entry/egress because they've already got it either mostly or all the way back.

xtn

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Just curious--how many of you find that you have to move the seat all the way back to get in and out of the car, then once in, move it forward to a driving position? I am not a tall guy-- 5' 6"--- but I after a week of owning the car I still can't seem to get in or out without constantly adjusting the seat.
I'm 5'5" or so, and always move the seat all the way back to get out. It makes it very, very easy.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I'm 5'3.5 and I also move it all the way back every time. Way to hard to get in and out with the seat that far forward. My normal seating position is about 3-4 clicks back from all the way forward.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm 5'6" and never thought about moving the seat. I put my right leg in and pivot my butt into the seat, then bring my left leg into the car. Works for me.

Jerry

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm 5' 8" (rounded up, with shoes on :D) and I move the seat, too. In this case, I think the taller folks actually have a little easier time getting in and out, since they don't have to move the seat forward to use the clutch like those of us who are of a "smaller stature" do.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm just shy of 6'3'', so the seat is 100% back 100% of the time. If anyone has moved it even one notch forward, I can't get in. Count yourself lucky. :D

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
oh wow.

Search....;)

I dont have adjust my seat at all. And im 6'2" Seems to me the smaller you are the easier you should be. So your doing something wrong. :shrug:
its actually the other way around, since if your short the seat is much closer to the steering wheels. necessitating you to move the seat back to make space to get in and out, if your 6'2" the seat is already pretty far back, or all the way back, so you wouldnt have a choice but to leave it there

im 5'5" and constantly have to reconfigure the seat when i get in and out, for my optimum driving position

·
Registered
115 Posts
its actually the other way around, since if your short the seat is much closer to the steering wheels. necessitating you to move the seat back to make space to get in and out, if your 6'2" the seat is already pretty far back, or all the way back, so you wouldnt have a choice but to leave it there

im 5'5" and constantly have to reconfigure the seat when i get in and out, for my optimum driving position
Yeah, that's the problem I was trying to get at above. When you're on the shorter side, you have to move the seat up in order to reach the pedals (especially the clutch). The problem is, even shorter people still have legs, and there isn't enough room with the seat forward to get your legs out from behind the steering wheel when you have to get in/out. If we were taller, we could just keep the seat back, get in, and drive.

I guess there is some ideal height to the Elise/Exige owner - tall enough not to have to move the seat to get in and out, but not so tall that you just can't fit in the car.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
^i coulda sworn that i heard optimal height for the lotus was 5'10", but who really knows?

there should be a poll on elise/exige owners heights LOL

1 - 20 of 63 Posts